WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly Guy!
    Insulation
    Pad/UQ Depending
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Ti's

Your favorite piece of woodlands.

I think this is in the right section (appol's if not!)

Just thought I would share a picture of my favorite place to hang. Please feel free to do the same! Its a ruined 90 acre country estate about 5 miles form my place of work. I've spent 3 years exploring the grounds, two years doing solo's or small group meets. Around 50% of the estate is ancient woodlands, the top half mixed broad leaf (Ash/Oak/Birch/Lime) and the lower section very, very old Yew tree's. By the size, 500 years, maybe more.

I dont know if other people have the same feeling when it comes to patches of woodlands, but I feel very comfortable and connected with this area.

Happy holidays to you and family, al.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Very nice!

In Colorado, I love Rocky Mountain National Park (first pic), a spot near Leadville, Colorado where a waterfall splits around a small island with tons of trees for hanging (second pic) and many places along the Colorado Trail (not pictured).

Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    Off my old tent
    Insulation
    -5 Sleepybag.
    Suspension
    Web straps
    My Go-To place locally isn't really woodlands....I live right close to Minuteman NHP (Lexington and Concord). We're out to the Battle Green and Old North Bridge multiple times every year. There's also Walden Pond nearby.

But for my "terroir" as it were....I have to travel a few hundred miles north to the backwoods of Nova Scotia. South Shore / Lighthouse route. A camp I know off Lake Rossignol, with access to the Mersey River and the lake itself for backcountry excursions. A little slice o' heaven on earth, IMHO.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TriSec View Post
    My Go-To place locally isn't really woodlands....I live right close to Minuteman NHP (Lexington and Concord). We're out to the Battle Green and Old North Bridge multiple times every year. There's also Walden Pond nearby.

But for my "terroir" as it were....I have to travel a few hundred miles north to the backwoods of Nova Scotia. South Shore / Lighthouse route. A camp I know off Lake Rossignol, with access to the Mersey River and the lake itself for backcountry excursions. A little slice o' heaven on earth, IMHO.
    Sounds great! I love Colorado, but I do sometimes miss those coastal views and thicker woodlands.

No pictures?
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

• + New Posts