Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Hey Steve, I am going to have to recant on the claytor clone, I did not realize it was a no net. Up north that is about as useful as, well you know the story. Sorry, I was not very observant.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Hey Steve, I am going to have to recant on the claytor clone, I did not realize it was a no net. Up north that is about as useful as, well you know the story. Sorry, I was not very observant.

David
    No problem Canoebie. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

thruhiker101
    hello im new to hammocking but im attacking the appalachian trail this spring and want to rest in confort..... im a little confused over which of you hammocks have bug nets and which have covers ..... pretty much i need something to hold my 200lb butt all night that has some net for black fly season up north....

i think i want the claytor clone because its camo with a mosquito-net snake skins... might you have a pic of this one????

Thank you,
    Matt USMC

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Additional Hammocks for sale

Hi Matt, Semper Fi. I have sold the Claytor no net but I still have the Claytor Clone in camo. It does not have a bugnet. You could do a couple of things.
    1. Buy an Eagles Nest bug net from almost any outdoor store. They are really great bugnets, but a bit on the heavy duty side. You can see them at:
    http://www.gearandtraining.com/gearn...&dept_id=10660
    2. I could put a bugnet on this camo hammock (see photo) for you for the same price ($50.00) as an Eno bugnet. It would have a full lenght zipper. It would be like the bugnet shown in the attached picture. There is photo is a picture of my own Claytor Clone.
    3. I could sell you my Claytor Clone for $80.00. I is just like a claytor, except it is 9 feet plus a little, and uses Speer type tied ends instead of channels. This makes it have a flatter lay than the channels. Pictures of it are shown too. It is black with brown trim and a full length zipper just like a Claytor. It is double bottom and held me up many a night at 220 pounds. It weighs 2.4 lbs.
    4. I could sell you my Speer Clone with a bugnet for 40.00. The bugnet comes off using velcro. Hammock is 9 feet + and weighs 18 ounces. The bugnet weighs an additional 8 ounces. I'm not sure if I have a photo or not, but it is just like a Speer or an Eagles Nest (ENO). It is grey ripstop nylon tied like a Speer Hammock. An ENO would cost you $50 without a bugnet new.
    5. None of these comes with suspension so I could sell you one of my suspensions as in the photo, with black seatbelt webbing and cinch buckles for $30.00 that would work on any of these hammocks. Each side (webbing) is 14 feet long.
    Let me know if you are interested in any of these. Mule
    Attached Images Attached Images

thruhiker101
    wow thank you so much i like option 2 my only two questions are
    1. does the bug net zipper off completely for times i just want the hammock and open sky
    2. might you know the weight? every oz counts on this journey

Hammock
    Claytor JH, Speer MS, Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Claytor, Speer cat
    Insulation
    3/8" Volara foam
    I sent you a PM concerning the Speer and triple bottom.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chethro View Post
    I sent you a PM concerning the Speer and triple bottom.
    Yes, I sent you a reply, a long reply. Take a look at the Claytor Clone on post #14 too, Mule

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Correction! Speer Clone is not double bottom

I had some confusion. Here are the facts. Item One in the first post is correct, double layer no bugnet. Will add bugnet sewed on w zipper for $50.
    Item # 3 is not correct, it is only a single layer with bugnet velcro'd on, no zipper. Mule

Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    I have ten hammocks in all, (and I'm not in therapy), but I am offering half of them for sale. They have never been used in the field. They are all made well, or were bought from places like Claytor. All prices are shipped to US.
    1. Claytor-No-Net (double bottom) never used but with polyester webbing (end gathers) installed through the channels and mosquito-net snake skins included. 24 ounces. (Claytor sight says it's only one pound but it weighs almost 1.5. Typical olive green. $30.00 shipped.
    2. Claytor Clone, looks just like the Claytor-No-Net but only single bottom done in camo rip stop with polyester webbing (end gathers) installed through the channels and mosquito-net snake skins included. shipped. 14 ounces. This I bought from someone form this sight who did a great job on it. I cannot remember who it was. $25.00
    3. DIY "Double bottom" Speer style hammock, 5 x 9.5 feet grey ripstop nylon. Never used, mosquito-net snake skins included. 26 ounces. $30.00.
    4. TRIPPLE BOTTOM, GREAT WINTER HAMMOCK, WITH COVER, extra wide, (5.5 x 10 feet) Speer / Eagles Nest type, olive green DWR hammock with weather cover, no mosquito net. This is a super wide hammock. the weather cover fits nicely. See picures below. Hammock isTRIPPLE layer, 27 ounces, weather cover lid is 6 ounces. With mosquito net skins. This hammock works with CCF pads really well, (I made it with CCF pads in mind) the tripple bottoms are all 1.1 DWR. The cover as shown in the pictures is assembled onto the hammock by velcro all around. A mosquito net (not included) could be made by simply matching the design of the DWR cover shown. With the wings pulled out as shown even I can actually turn around 360 degrees while in the hammock. $50.00.
    5. Black Polyester Taffeta oversize hammock, (11 x 5 foot), Speer / Eagels Nest style, no net. Mosquito-net skins. 28 ounces. $30.00
    Contact me with any questions you might have. Money back guarantee.
    I just added a partial picture of the Claytor clone.
    Last edited by Mule; 12-31-2008 at 11:52. Reason: correction

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thruhiker101 View Post
    wow thank you so much i like option 2 my only two questions are
    1. does the bug net zipper off completely for times i just want the hammock and open sky
    2. might you know the weight? every oz counts on this journey
    The hammock itself is 14 ounces with bugnet skins. To put a bugnet on by just sewing it on and providing a Zipper would likely add 8 ounces. To velcro a bugnet on so you could remove it when you wanted would likely be 10 or 12 ounces and would cost more. For the Velco and the zipper, along with the hammock would be $80.00. The Omni Velcro is expensive.
    So, sewed on bugnet w Zipper $50.00.
    Velcro and Zipper $80.00.
    Mule

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    I have ten hammocks in all, (and I'm not in therapy), but I am offering half of them for sale. They have never been used in the field. They are all made well, or were bought from places like Claytor. All prices are shipped to US.
    1. Claytor-No-Net (double bottom) never used but with polyester webbing (end gathers) installed through the channels and mosquito-net snake skins included. 24 ounces. (Claytor sight says it's only one pound but it weighs almost 1.5. Typical olive green. $30.00 shipped.
    2. Claytor Clone, looks just like the Claytor-No-Net but only single bottom done in camo rip stop with polyester webbing (end gathers) installed through the channels and mosquito-net snake skins included. shipped. 14 ounces. This I bought from someone form this sight who did a great job on it. I cannot remember who it was. $25.00
    3. DIY "Double bottom" Speer style hammock, 5 x 9.5 feet grey ripstop nylon. Never used, mosquito-net snake skins included. 26 ounces. $30.00.
    4. TRIPPLE BOTTOM, GREAT WINTER HAMMOCK, WITH COVER, extra wide, (5.5 x 10 feet) Speer / Eagles Nest type, olive green DWR hammock with weather cover, no mosquito net. This is a super wide hammock. the weather cover fits nicely. See picures below. Hammock isTRIPPLE layer, 27 ounces, weather cover lid is 6 ounces. With mosquito net skins. This hammock works with CCF pads really well, (I made it with CCF pads in mind) the tripple bottoms are all 1.1 DWR. The cover as shown in the pictures is assembled onto the hammock by velcro all around. A mosquito net (not included) could be made by simply matching the design of the DWR cover shown. With the wings pulled out as shown even I can actually turn around 360 degrees while in the hammock. $50.00.
    5. Black Polyester Taffeta oversize hammock, (11 x 5 foot), Speer / Eagels Nest style, no net. Mosquito-net skins. 28 ounces. $30.00
    Contact me with any questions you might have. Money back guarantee.
    I just added a partial picture of the Claytor clone.
    OK, I found the double bottom hammock with no bugnet. I have a Speer type with and without bugnet. The one with the bugnet is only single layer. Mule

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast