I just received a cloudburst from Warbonnet. This thing is huge, packs down super tiny and is crazy light (I've been using a piece of Tyvek for the last year).

I have an Eno Double nest but decided on a square/rectangular tarp vs Hex or Superfly for versatility. The other tarp I considered seriously was the JRB 11x10, but the Warbonnet holiday sale was too enticing to pass up.

As you may already know, the cloudburst has tie-outs only on the corners plus each end of the ridge-line and 4 pull-outs spaced pretty close to the ends. Since I'm not using a bridge hammock, I'd prefer the pull-outs to be a little closer to the center so I can use a single pole for both of the pull-outs (a previous poster said this didn't work so well http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=58509).

So, what I'd like to do...

1) Add two more edge tie-outs on each long side. I'd like the ability to create winter doors like the JRB has advertised. These side tie-outs should hopefully also allow a hex configuration by pulling the corners in like the Superfly.

2) Add either one centered pull-out or two pull-outs closer in so I can use a single hiking pole. Leaning toward adding one centered.

3) Add a centered side tie-out on the nonridge-line side to make certain ground pitches easier and even allow setting it up with a short side ridge-line.

4) Maybe add a center tie-out in the middle of the current ridge-line (just for the heck of it).

I may borrow a friends sewing machine or pay my local tailor to do this.

Any thoughts on tie-out placement or technique from the experts?

Thanks!