Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A CBS Question

Images
    I think a couple of cheap indoor/outdoor thermometers would work. Get the kind where the base station has a thermometer in it for indoor temps, and a connected wire with a small thermometer on the end to be placed outside. The thermometer with the wire would be what you actually use. Put one wired thermometer under the butt, and hang that base from the ridgeline. Then put the other thermometer's wire under say the center of the back or something, and hang that base from the ridgeline also. They will both give you the same temps from the base's thermometers, but the wired thermometers will be giving seperate readings form under the butt and wherever you put the other one. The one I had at my apartment had an adhesive backing on the wire thermometer, so you can stick the thermometer to the hammock so it won't more around.

Did any of that make sense?

For what it's worth, I didn't notice Genuine Draft's butt being cold at all when we were in the hammock together.
    "Oh, like an Afghan Warlord"

Images
    There are a lot of things that are likely involved with the cold tush syndrome in hammocks. The restriction of blood flow, compression of insulation, more exposed to the wind from underneath the tarp, and natural convection due to it being the low point come to mind.

But on a less serious note and in fitting with the humor on this thread, I think with some of these characters you have to take into account the 'can't find the probe with both hands syndrome', or CFTPWBHS... just sayin'... as Confucius might say "If you can't can't find it how can you be expected to know if it is warm."

Happy New Years to all you folks... I hope I don't freeze my arse off on Springer tonight (IHIDFMAOOST). They are forecasting a wind advisory this afternoon followed by dropping temperatures. Winds are generally from the north and I don't think there are many hammock spots near the shelter that aren't exposed from the north so the hammockers there tonight will all be saying IHIDFMAOOST.
    Youngblood AT2000

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12