I am spending the week with my wife at the inlaws and decided to test out my newest canopy camping setup in their old hickory tree before I go climbing with it in the forests. For the first time ever I have a picture of me rigging lines to set up camp (thanks to my beautiful wife!)

I was originally going to set up the hammock about 45 feet up but after a two hour struggle with trying to find a bomber anchor point that gave me access to the entire canopy I gave up and set up the hammock about 25 feet high.

I chose the color purple because all of the other colors weren't weird enough. I am quite psyched with my color choice!

I think I finally built the perfect hammock for my needs. My first hammock was a gathered end hammock (too unstable), then a portaledge (too heavy), and now this bridge hammock which cost me:

$11 for the ripstop nylon
$12 for the 1/2" climb spec webbing
4 hours for the cutting and sewing

I spent the night up here and it was a beautiful windless 20 degree night. The hammock is absolutely freaking amazingly comfortable and the webbing that runs along the sides makes it way easier to climb around while hanging on a line. I am considering sewing on some ends but that is just extra weight so we will see.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures! I am always looking for fellow tree climbers to join me on trips into the canopy so shoot me a message if you are in the area.

REFRESHING