So a few questions- I've e-mailed Randy but I figured I'd post this here to you the owners of the 253 hammocks he's already made!

And here it is!

I'm a heavy guy, what do you suggest material wise? I'd like a tough material that's still comfortable and soft. double layer of course. I was thinking the 1.9 oz night grid- but i don't get the difference between a lot of the fabrics... with that said I think the 2.6 crinkle is cool but it just doesn't look as tough and resilient in the photos(haha). Without the opportunity to really touch and handle the material it's tough for me to just shell out nearly 300 bucks. what are your recommendations for all this?

I want this to replace my hennessy as my go to hammock. As you noticed I started a thread awhile back on the hammock forums to show me their dangerbirds. This has given me an idea on the range of colours but not much on how the guys feel in them. For instance, how jarring is the colour difference on the crinkle taffeta, will I be waking up in the morning light getting glittery reflections and thinking I'm stuck on the set of a twilight movie?

And finally, I plan to lose a lot of weight over the next few years, is this hammock going to cocoon me when i do lose said weight? I don't want excess material flapping in the breeze and my face all night.

Well thanks a lot! hope to hear from you soon.