Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted... Quilt

Quote Originally Posted by BEAS View Post
    My wife put a ray way together for me as a Christmas present. I really like it so far, just gotta find out what the low temp will be for it.
    It took her about 22 hrs to put it all together.
    You can get the color you want even 2 tone.
    Ray's quilt ratings are accurate, 40F standard and 28F for the alpine.

Thanks for all the info. It looks like i will surely get a quilt kit from Ray,with all the positive reviews I feel quite comfortable with that purchase. I have an old(1953 Pfaff 130).Looks like I will get to know it in the very near future,I have only done straight stitches so far. I will learn as i go i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fobair View Post
    Thanks for all the info. It looks like i will surely get a quilt kit from Ray,with all the positive reviews I feel quite comfortable with that purchase. I have an old(1953 Pfaff 130).Looks like I will get to know it in the very near future,I have only done straight stitches so far. I will learn as i go i guess.
    Don't be afraid to deviate from Ray's standard plan, he even suggests considering so in the plan. Maybe consider a head hole, no sniveler style, and not sewing the fixed footsack and using Omnitape or Freemagic (Velcro) with a tie like on the JRB quilts. The 40 F quilt with a headhole just about eliminates having to carry much in the way of warm clothing for several months in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    Don't be afraid to deviate from Ray's standard plan, he even suggests considering so in the plan. Maybe consider a head hole, no sniveler style, and not sewing the fixed footsack and using Omnitape or Freemagic (Velcro) with a tie like on the JRB quilts. The 40 F quilt with a headhole just about eliminates having to carry much in the way of warm clothing for several months in some areas.
    Wow,Thanks for the info! I am new to this,do you have a link to this info? Not to act dense,but I do not fully understand what you are saying...but it sure sounds interesting to me. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by fobair View Post
    Wow,Thanks for the info! I am new to this,do you have a link to this info? Not to act dense,but I do not fully understand what you are saying...but it sure sounds interesting to me. Thanks !
    JRB No Sniveler:

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Wearable%20Quilts.htm

You could emulate this design with the Rayway quilt. Ray's basic design has a fixed/sewn footbox, like a mummy bag. You'll see it when you get the quilt kit directions.

Thanks for the link,much appreciated.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12