DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Quote Originally Posted by deerfu View Post
    Before my lab was killed he went with me on every trip whether it was tent or hammock. He was so well behaved I never had to worry about him and he loved sleeping right under the hammock. I have a fiest/pitt rescue and she has issues . First she has to be close to me and wants to climb in so it adds 40lbs of weight and she's a bed hog. She also hates bugs especially the little ones that like to crawl on people and pets. This fall we got into a few seed ticks and chiggers and they drove her nuts! In the middle of the night she would get frustrated and jump up like I was doing something to her and run to other campers for relief . I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably! She tried to claw her way into the tent with a friend of mine to hide because she thought something was after her. He has to take ambien to sleep and didn't wake up . The next morning he wanted to know what happened and why his tent was collapsed. I told him "well you invited her to spend the night with you and she got mad when you wouldn't let her in. Good memories anyway
    LOL--I have had two Pit crosses, they were both bed hogs, they took their half of the bed out of the middle, they would also hog the pillow if given a chance. My male Staffie was part Mastive. He was about 105 pounds, slept with his legs straight out. It is kind of funny, when I was critically ill, he came and slept next to me, no kicking me, no hogging the bed, just very gentle company. He was the only thing in my life that knew I was dying, he cared.

My Staffies thought camping was a bit crazy at night. Not a bit to their liking.
    My Bouvie, is the same way, she prefers to guard the vehicle. She has her own dog crate that folds up very small and very light, it keeps the bugs off and keeps her from chewing on herself.

I plan on hiking the PCT this spring, she will be pulling all our gear. I do not intend to take her crate, she is going to make do with her own mat and lots of bug spray on her harness.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    adjwebbing/whoopie
    good question Ive thought of takeing my dog and all this info helps

Hammock
    WB BlackBird DL 1.1, HH Scout
    Tarp
    Modified Chinook
    Insulation
    UQ Incubator 20'
    Suspension
    Dutch & WBBB setup
    Thanks for the responses. I will let you all know how he does this weekend. Will be back Sunday evening sometime.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Modified Chinook
    Insulation
    UQ Incubator 20'
    Suspension
    Dutch & WBBB setup
    Got back yesterday evening and the doggy SAM did really good. He stayed right next to me the entire weekend. He slept in the cabin with the boys inbetween two of them, even crawled into my sons sleeping bag The first day when we got to the cabin he was a bit cold so my son put one of his coats on him, it was funny as all get out. Put his legs thru the arms and zipped it up He loved it and ran around everywhere with it. I even put it back on him in the morning (it was around 23'). We broke camp around 8:30 and left it on him for a little while till he got really moving then took it off so he wouldnt burn up. All in all he did really good and passed out when we got home and didnt get up till morning time LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    Modified Chinook
    Insulation
    UQ Incubator 20'
    Suspension
    Dutch & WBBB setup
    Here's our crew before we left. Troop 51.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Lite Owl 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Thermarest neo air
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm new to hammock camping and have always brought my dog along on all trips before I purchased and converted to hammocks. She's a 40 pound German Shorthaired Pointer who loves the woods I think even more than me! Well, as I have always camped I'm tents I never had to worry about her wandering at night, so when I went on my first trip with my WBBB I assumed that I could just keep her in the hammock with and leave her leash attached to my wrist so if she jumps out she wouldn't wander far. Well, after a long day of hiking I joyously set up,my brand new hammock and proceeded to go to sleep. Annabell, my dog, hopped right in and found a pocket right next to me. As I said before I left her leash around my wrist and thought to myself this is really great. What a great idea and I fell asleep. A few hours passed and before I knew what happened I crashed face first into the ground! Annabell had decided to chase something into the woods taking off with such force she flipped my hammock and pulled me onto the ground with her. Talk about a great first night ever in a hammock! Needless to say I no longer attach her to my wrist and she sleeps on the ground except for cold nights haha

We have a 5 month old lab and i can't wait to bring her along. She's not all that obedient yet so i have some work to do before then. But i know she'll love it as she already loves to come on short hikes with us. Thank you guys for all the tips!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Modified Chinook
    Insulation
    UQ Incubator 20'
    Suspension
    Dutch & WBBB setup
    Great story shotgunwillie LOL I did forget to mention that he does not like to be left outside while the rest of the crew go into the welcome center to check in, the doors were motion censored and he just walked in and found me. He also doenst like to be left alone on the bus while everyone else was in Burger King eating hamburgers LOL but I did bring him out 2 hamburgers which he really really liked and I think forgave me LOL

Hammock
    Homebrew Argon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Two hamburgers! Lucky dog!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Lite Owl 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Thermarest neo air
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Lol! That's one lucky dog! Not one but two burgers haha. Sounds like he's the ultimate hanging companion and would be a good time on the trail.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12