Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies n toggles

Which UQ is best for me?

I'm ready to bite the bullet and get an UQ. I can't seem to set my mind on which would be best for me.
    If I go with a 30* Uq, realistically, what kind of temp range could I expect to use it. I'm a warm sleeper and figure I can use my Big Agnes bag and air mat to get me down somewhat colder if I needed them. I tend to camp in colder weather.
    What might be the max temp for a 30* UQ?
    The other I'm considering is a 15* UQ. Would I burn up in 15* at say 50*?

Thanks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    adjwebbing/whoopie
    I have a 3 season yeti and it has done me well.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Go with the 15* when in doubt. You can always vent to cool down but you can't make it warmer in the wee hours of the morning. You can leave the air mat at home most trips and save a lot of weight. When the temps are warmer you can vent or when really warm just flip it upside down and compress the loft. The only penalty in warmer weather is a little more weight. You will also find that you may not need as much top insulation when it is in the 30-40's with the warmer UQ.

Since you were asking questions about a 15* or 30* UQ I had a pretty good idea of what you were looking at but the same holds true with say a 20* or 40* UQ. If you are only going to have one, go with the 15*-20* UQ from any vendor on HF and you will be pleased.

I just received my JRB Mt Washington 4 last night. I strung up the double-nest, attached the quilt, popped in and threw on the Marmott 0F bag as a top quilt. Temp was 32F with a 16mph wind this afternoon. No doubt that this will be the *hot* ticket on my upcoming winter hike in 2 weeks!

It was so comfy (just had jeans, regular pair of socks, and a north face zipup on) that I fell asleep for about an hour and 40 minutes during my test.

• + New Posts