Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

how do you hang your RR?

Just Curious how others are dealing with suspension on the RR.
    When i first got mine i switched out the cinch bucks for whoopie slings, attaching straight to the apex buckle per Brandon's instructions. I figured if heavy rains came just tie a few drip lines off and I should be good.but after the real test came, i didn't really get wet and there was not alot of wind,, but i had water dripping from my spreader bar at the head end. Scary! I also realized if i had been on a hike my whoopies would have been wet and not as easily removed in a pinch.
    So now my plan for the suspension is to replace the apex buckle with a dutch biner, making it easier to remove whoopies while creating more area to let water collect and drip before making it to the hammock..
    Anyone use this method? Opinions and ideas are welcome!
    Thanks.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

how do you hang your RR?

...doesn't have to be ridgerunner specifically, how bout bridge hammocks in general?

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    I replaced my apex buckle with dutch biners and so far all is good, although I've gone back to the strap/cinch buckle setup along with black diamond neutrino carabiners on the end. I have large trees in my yard and that is just the fastest way to set up I've found. I haven't been in any super heavy rain in it yet, however, so I can't comment on where the drips will stop. I will say that it's taken me longer to get in the sweet spot in this hammock than any of my other ones but if I get it dialed in just right it is very nice.
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    I'd say find what suspension works for you and then add drip strips on the Amsteel pieces after the apex buckle and before the hammock attachment point.

A Dutch Biner would make your whoopies more easily removable. Webbing and rings/cinch buckles would also make your suspension easily removable.

I use drip strips and webbing/rings. Easily removable suspension and no rain on my hammock.

Hammock
    WBRR and HH Exp Deluxe
    Tarp
    Cloudburst, HH Hex
    Insulation
    Thermarest/MMSS
    Suspension
    Whoopie/DutchBiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    I'd say find what suspension works for you and then add drip strips on the Amsteel pieces after the apex buckle and before the hammock attachment point.

A Dutch Biner would make your whoopies more easily removable. Webbing and rings/cinch buckles would also make your suspension easily removable.

I use drip strips and webbing/rings. Easily removable suspension and no rain on my hammock.

+1

I use the factory straps, with the drip lines Brandon includes. If you tie them between the suspension triangle and where the Amsteel attaches to the hammock it is quite effective. I spent several nights out in a tropical storm and stayed dry.

• + New Posts