Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by gothmog View Post
    Mornin Gary. I'm not sure I know what you mean by a 2-3" pull from center. Diagonal lay, or off to one side? The shock cord too, I was using fronkey's list for that, just doubled. I thought it seemed excessive too. Anyway, I'm doing 2 fronkey style units, and using shock cord for bottom as well as the ends to cinch them up tight. Think half would be good?
    Hello again. On the subject of pulling from the center, do a you tube search for creative Kate. Basically what you do is as you gather the end you pull 2-3" of material from the center. It keeps the the center from being the low point and makes you lay flatter. You don't lay end to end, but at a diagonal. Kate's video shows it better than I explain it. The first time I did it I pulled to much material. It's something you can dial in to you preferences.
    While your on you tube, be sure to watch Shrugs hammock videos. They are first rate. Entertaining, informative. I'm not sure if he is the king or the court jester, but you have to watch.
    Regarding the shock cord, don't worry about ordering to much. You'll find a usr for it, but if your buying locally I'd get less. If ordering and paying for shipping get the full amount.
    I hate ordering supplies, because I always forget something and then don't want to spend another 10$ on shipping for 5 $ worth of what ever.
    Watch the videos.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    .....And almost everything has arrived!! Got the Chocolate and Navy tablecloths. 90x156, gonna end up with 90x132. Folding ends over 8", then the folds in another half, 4", and sew a channel in. Figure a channel would be good, first to reduce length to 11', and I can try both gathering with a cord through it and untying and doing the W whip. WooHoo! Cant wait to get started!

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    It's fun, playing with different ideas, then different fabrics, suspensions. It's a great way to kill the winter when its to cold to be out riding. Have fun.

Hammock
    WBRR DBL / GTSBP
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ / pad
    Suspension
    Strap / Woopie

The Fronkey bug net and a rescued ENO that was trimmed down as it had a big rip/hole.
    My 10 yr old loves it...

DIY is addictive
    "The longer I wait, the more I learn and the more $$ I save."
    "Por que la leche queste mas, que los huevos...."

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    OK, PLUQ done, hammock done, tree straps done, whoopie slings done, and ridgeline done. HH hex is here as well as MSR groundhog stakes. Just need to make bugnet and sock yet. Pics to come! This has been a lot of fun so far, and I haven't even strung it up yet.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    DIY D cut w/ doors
    Suspension
    Whoopie/strap/tgl
    WOW you're fast... i just spent 2 weeks making stuff sacks and a rain kilt to get used to sewing silnylon. now i have to get the tarp done to be on the trail Mar 1.

Happy cycling. keep your sunny side up.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    RAIN KILT??!!! That is awesome sir. I have a couple kilts, nothing like that though. Plans? I've never made one, seems really difficult, but I NEED one!

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    So I'm all done except putting the shock cord in the bottom of my fronkey net and sock. Before I start cutting it up, anyone have any idea how long a piece I'll need for each? Pics will be posted if it ever stops raining and dries up enough for me to get out and hang.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Well thats all finished now as well. Figured I needed some bags to store it all in, and hey, have some left over ripstop as well. So now everything has its own drawstring bag, and another larger one that all THOSE bags fit into to keep it all together. Then I got to thinking, what if I'm camping somewhere with no suitable trees? I'm going to the beach in May too. While I'm into this DIY thing, why not make a TD stand as well? So thats finished, just awaiting nicer weather to apply the color of choice. Whew, been a busy and fun couple weeks. Pics up ASAP. Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by gothmog; 02-07-2013 at 18:14.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Total investment, BTW, for:

double layer hammock
    Hennessy hex tarp
    PLUQ, full size, sewn with wool removeable liner