Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
Not yet, but I expect to at some point as I have noticed when looking for "the perfect trees" that draw the hammockers eye at some sites in BWCA, the vegetation below is hacked down and limbs trimmed to accommodate hammocks and tarps.

They are looking as worn as tent pads already and the impact is visible which goes against the policy of cutting and not using the tent pads. Some of those sites are rough shape already and I expect that someone in a green uniform is going to catch on at some point and they will not be allowed.

No problems anywhere else, but I backpack or paddle into places I don't normally see rangers.

I really should take some pictures next time. We're going to have problems at some point.
Bingo, as hammocking becomes more popular so does the abuse. With more mainstream outdoor stores carrying hammocks and accessories. Some who ship with rope suspensions. The use by inexperienced and thoughtless people increases. When used properly the hammock is a great LNT asset. The key is proper use.