Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Three peas in a pod

*** I wrote this a few weeks ago, but had trouble uploading pictures until now ***

Good afternoon everyone. I’m new to HF, but not new to hanging or backpacking. I’ve been trying to get my family to use a tarp instead of a tent for years (I usually end up hanging while the family is nearby in a tent). I thought two new Grand Trunk UL hammocks for the kids would help convince them to shun the tent (thanks, Troop2011scoutmaster, for the heads up on the steal of a deal!). The purchases worked as intended and the kids were absolutely giddy about the prospect of using the new hammocks on my son’s Cub Scout camping trip this past weekend. I taught the kids who to make whoopie slings, sew tree huggers, tie the MSH, and how to use the Dutch Buckle (a marvelous invention!). Unfortunately, bad weather cancelled the outing. Not to be thwarted, however, we camped in the backyard Saturday night instead before the weather turned. We hung pyramid style, three peas in pod. We completed the experience by cooking dinner and breakfast on our fire pit. An absolute blast!

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts