Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    just bought the HH explorer

Hope I'm not the first

As part of my punishment the wife says I must post the fact that I pulled down my garage door trying to expirement indoors. I thought I was being careful by testing it with a few pull-ups and yanking on them with rope. Unfortunately, I didn't think about pulling on them sideways. I was lucky to have my ccf pad underneath so everything but the ego and ceiling are fine. I did fix the door but it sure doesn't look very good. Please help me by telling her you've done the same!?!

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    I think most of us married men have had to make the same kind of post. My wife, Amanda, even sat over my shoulder once to make sure that I typed it, and then after it all met her approval, she pushed the post button. I feel your pain, a good wife would NEVER expose her husband to SUCH embarrassment. Especially after you fixed the door. I think she needs to kiss your boo-boos and hold you all night to make sure your safe . I am glad that you are not hurt.

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Images
    I have not done that, but fear of such as that is what has so far kept me from attaching to the house, as much as I want to. On one of the rare times I managed to get my wife to come out and help me with something hammock related, I nearly hit the concrete. I had built the Risk hammock stand, but a longer version. Which meant I had to lengthen the top rail, the item that really takes all of the load. Which meant I had a joint where the longer top rail came together with the shorter extension.

I wanted her to feel down in the HHSS undercover and tell me if the down vest I had put there was both in contact with my back and mostly not compressed.

As soon as I sat down in the HH, the bar bent and collapsed at the joint. I didn't drop quite far enough to get bruised, other than my ego.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    First hammock, I had sat in / gotten it about a dozen or so time, so "I know how to get in safely" right, , , NO, wrong!

So, anyway, I got over confident / careless & sat down in a hurry, fell across the hammock & to the ground. Not a problem says you, wrong again, I was trapped between the hammock & the netting, I could neither go right (Over the netting) or Left (Over the hammock) Fortunatly I could reach my cell phone, just barely, & managed to call into the house from 120' away in the back yard, my wife came out, then stood there & laughed at me for a good hour (well, 4 - 5 minutes) then she "rescued me".

In answer to your question: Yep, Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Granted the only property damage was a bit of torn netting & a brused Ego, but: yep, I is maryed. Gots the bruses to proove it.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I have mobility issues that restirct me to bridge and hennessey models. I made a DIY dual mode bridge (bridge/gathered end in one) I had it setup in gatered end mode and everything was fine until I tried to get out. Couldn't do it. I flailed and struggled and all sorts of things. I finally got myself so I "fell out" and so escaped from my prison. I really thought I would have to spend the night util my wife went to work in the morning. I managed to get myself out without help but it was not pretty.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images

:D

Well, you might be te first one it has happened to (in the garage). Is the hammock ok too? :P
    "This is what i love about backpacking... Just clean your stuff by licking it." - Shug

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Sorry, I can't say I've done any of these things, but I'm sure it's only due to reading of such adventures on this forum.

Thank you all for allowing the rest of us to learn from the mistakes of you hammock pioneers.
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Personally, I've never done such a thing, but then again, I don't have a ball and chain to force me to admit to such hijinx. No worries on the garage door, it's just a door. As long as you and the hammock are unharmed, all is well.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've broken suspension lines a few times but never a house. On yahoo hammockcamping there was a guy who tore out a doorframe and brought the whole thing down on him and his daughter, and here on HF someone posted about seeing their walls come out of square when they hung from eyebolts in the walls. So you're definitely not the first...but thanks for sharing. Hopefully you'll stop someone else from making the same mistake!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    I tied my hammock to a tubular steel fence post once and bent it when I came down
    Luckily no one was around to see it and I bent the post back.
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast