Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images

AAAARRGHHH I can't take it anymore!!!

I have to have one too.
    I can't look at the pics vids and posts any longer I must have one.
    I only have a couple things I'd like to know first...
    What are the available colors of the 1.7 at this time? Is it just the olive green? Is there an approx or estimated weight limit? I'm 250-260 depending on Ice cream availability. (I plan on getting the DL 1.7)
    And Is there an even better newer more improved model that will be released shortly after i get this one? I hate that.
    If I got no worries then I'll be sending my order info yesterday.
    And thanx to all those who have tried and told of their experiences.
    And Thanx to WBG for making the hammock I was searching for.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    YAHOO! Another fulfilled human being. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I don't think you will regret this one

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Good call - after using my Warbonnet for a couple of nights now, I can't imagine dealing with the hassle of crawling in through the bottom of a HH, or not being able to unzip the bugnet and reach outside my hammock. And I REALLY wouldn't want to go to bed at night without being able to stow my stuff in the shelf.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    Well the order is in now. I just gotta stay mellow til it gets here. Oh how I hate waiting, but it makes it that much sweeter when it does arrive.

I think I might sell My safari. I have two netless Safaris as well. One that I was trying to convert into an undercover and one that I will eventually get some netting sewed onto with a zipper. I will keep that one once completed. And I also have An expidition that I may sell too. Although they would be great loaners for getting others to come out and get addicted to. Friends never let friends sleep on the ground.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Couple of Warbonnet questions.

I'm a Claytor JH man but admit recently to having lust in my heart after seeing the Blackbird. I do have couple of questions.

Does the footbox and general shape effect the fit of an underquilt. Mine is full length rectangular shaped about 48" wide. I also sometimes use a full length pad or Thermarest with it and I thought I read about some pad issues with the Blackbird as a result of the shape. Lastly...does having the footbox on one side dictate which way you must face when lying on your side. In fact...can you lay on your side comfortably.

The two things that particularly attract me to it are the apparent roominess and THE SHELF

Thanks for any input, Miguel

Images
    Yeah, I love that shelf also. In fact, I pretty much love the hammock overall, it is very comfortable overall. And super easy to set up correctly, the net/zipper functions smoothly and conveniently and always stays way out of my face like the BMBH does. The webbing and triangle buckles work great. And it is way roomy.

The one time I tried to lay on my right side, that didn't seem to work so well. Though I did not verify, I had the feeling I would need to switch my feet to the non-foot box side in order to be happy on my right side, but I need to check that out. I don't know what the dif was. On my left side it was an automatic "feels good" with legs straight, and even better with legs drawn up.

I haven't slept much in my Claytor JH, but I have in my Claytor No Net. I had originally thought the BB just a bit better than the No Net for side sleeping, but I think I'm going to have to take that back. Out of PeaPod related nostalgia, I lay in my NN the other day. When I went to my side, I suddenly realized that this is at least as comfy for side sleeping as the BB, and MAYBE a very slight amount better. I'm not talking much dif, if any. Because this is not very scientific- I don't have them both hung at the same time, going quickly from one to another. And I don't have a RL on my NN, so slight difs in sag could make a dif from one time to another. Probably they are both about the same, and to me very close in overall comfort- which is to say both very comfortable. But I can't say for the BB vs the JH, in case there are any difs between the JH and NN.

But, it makes no dif which side you are on in the NN, if that is important to you. It may make a dif in the BB, in that IF I indeed must switch sides, then my face will be facing into the rt side of the hammock, and I'm not sure how that would work.

I'm basing that right side thing on a quick first impression. I did spend some comfy time in the BB and using the MWUQ as well as the WB1/2UQ, but it was all on my back or left side. I have been testing a lot of things lately, like the MWUQ with the BMBH ( a really, really nice combo, BTW), and have not had time to go back and check this right side in the BB thing out.

So how about it you folks that have switched 100% to BBs? How is it for sleeping on the right side, especially with legs straight?

One thing I def prefer about the BB vs the JH: whenever I am diagonal in the JH, my feet and/or head are often in contact with the netting, a concern for mossy bites. There was no concern about this with the BB, there is only double layer nylon in contact with any part of my body, due to all of the room inside.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    So how about it you folks that have switched 100% to BBs? How is it for sleeping on the right side, especially with legs straight?
    I think i'm getting close to a 100% switch to BB over Clark NA.

I consider myself as a move around person
    At home, i think i prefer stomach , slightly right if that make sense.

In the hammock i sleep on my back or left side sleeping with knees half way up.
    I'm not even consider going right

I use 1/2 UQ and a pad and when i'm on my side i easily get cold spots on my knee and butt.
    I cure that with 2 small sit pads, that i place on those spots,
    then i can switch from back to side sleeping over and over.

IMHO i think the Clark NA is over engineered.
    I love the features of the NA, but i don't want to carry them around all the time.

I love the fixed ridge line on the BB. (it means easy setup)
    I love the shelf. (an easy,handy huge storage for stuff)
    And i love the footbox. (that means asym sleeping, that you don't have in a clark)

I just love the the simplicity with my BB.

Just my .

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I'm a Claytor JH man but admit recently to having lust in my heart after seeing the Blackbird. I do have couple of questions.

Does the footbox and general shape effect the fit of an underquilt. Mine is full length rectangular shaped about 48" wide. I also sometimes use a full length pad or Thermarest with it and I thought I read about some pad issues with the Blackbird as a result of the shape. Lastly...does having the footbox on one side dictate which way you must face when lying on your side. In fact...can you lay on your side comfortably.

The two things that particularly attract me to it are the apparent roominess and THE SHELF

Thanks for any input, Miguel
    Miguel...I have a similar question. I sleep on my right side and wonder if Warbonnet might make a "reverse" hammock for us "righties".

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by qpens View Post
    Miguel...I have a similar question. I sleep on my right side and wonder if Warbonnet might make a "reverse" hammock for us "righties".
    This came up recently in another thread. Brandon mentioned that he had a few "seconds" that were sewn backwards by someone he was trying out to contract the work, and thus their footboxes were on the left hand side. They were made out of a non-DWR comsetic seconds fabric. You might want to shoot him a PM and see if he still has any.

For what it's worth, I've slept on both my right and left sides in the blackbird without issue. If you're on the right side, the hammock wall is right in front of you - not so much that it's touching your face but close enough that I could see it annoying some people. It doesn't bother me at all, personally.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast