DH Dangerbird 11' 2 layer
    Tarp
    SLD Multicam
    Insulation
    Solar Ridgerest
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle

Tenth Wonder Hammocks?

I did a search here and found very little info on them. The Youtube videos have a pretty big guy using them and he can't praise them enough. They're in my budget range and seem pretty well built. Anybody here use them?

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    They sure have a lot of hammocks. For all of the "in store" attention to detail, still using rope suspensions?
    Not sure they've caught on to SRL's either for that matter, but there are so many models, it's hard to tell.

Other than that, and lengths, kind of hard to tell. Some curious looking rigs available. Most seem made out of fairly heavy materials. Depending on actual quality, and a suspension change, maybe a decent introductory rig? I can't believe this is all cottage stuff.

If it's the "Jungle" kit your looking at, just too heavy for me for hiking.

UK stuff? Maybe some of our HF'rs across the pond can step up on these.

They don't seem to be offering to "custom" make or fit anything, rather tell you which of their many models best suits you. This leads me to believe everything could be of Asian import or the like. Now the quality of those can span the gambit, but none come close to that of our own cottage vendors.

Don't expect much, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised, but they are not active on this forum at all from what i can remember. I'm thinking much better options exist, easily for a few dollars more. A good suspension costs right at or just a little more than their $12.95 UL Bushcrafter Black, which probably makes it worth just about what you pay for it.

Pics and review if you do pull the trigger, but maybe keep looking and reading a little bit longer. Good Luck! HYOH
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    TW Camo Hornet Super XL
    Tarp
    "DIY" Frankentarp
    Insulation
    Exped DM 7 LW
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I love them, plain and simple! Great quality for a good price, awesome customer service too. Regarding custom, I know that it's possible, but haven't got any quotes on prices etc. Send them an email, that's my suggestion. I'm not involved in any way, just a huge fan of their products! Good luck!
    People on this forum are absolutely incredible. I wish we could discover new land and inhabit it all together. :-) - Deadphans

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images

Re: Tenth Wonder Hammocks?

I looked into them a while ago, there is quite a bit of info on the uk bushcraft forums.

From what I can tell, they make small quantities of a lot of different items and a lot of there stuff is made in asia.

Quality wise I haven't seen a negative comment and the hammocks they sell are similar to dd hammocks' offerings but at a lower price.

They do make custom orders, the ebay store says to contact them if you want something made that they don't have available.

I agree with rolloff, they are very heavy, for lightweight gear the ukhammocks gear is the only option I would look at in the UK, and matt operates his business the same way the US vendors do.

Hammock
    My Modded TW hammock
    Tarp
    Alpkit
    Insulation
    UK custom 75% UQ.
    Suspension
    Erm. . Custom.
    Tenth woder sold me my hammock. Its not large, is double skinned and good quality. Not changing it! Have customised the suspension... So, I one day get curious about this double layer and low and behold I find the label - its a DD! Its great but not for the taller folk. I absolutely love the fabric its made from.

Can't comment on the jungle. Looks heavy - do they use no-see-um?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Just got (like a few minutes ago in the mail) a used XL version I bought off a member on the forum. Have not had a chance to set it up. First impression is it is very well made but feels a bit heavy. It does have some long about 3/4" wide flatish green cord/rope for wraping around a tree. I will report back with some pictures and more details once I have a chance to set it up this weekend.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts