Hi all,

I am so excited to find this forum! For the last 6 months or so I have been really stressed out and found myself wanting (needing?) a hammock for the yard. I'm not really even sure when or why that thought came to me really. On Black Friday I saw this on sale at Amazon! I love my hammock...so much that it has never even been to the yard & I haven't slept in my bed since early December.

However, I live in a small house and the stand really takes up too much room. So I am trying to figure out how to hang the hammock over my bed (I feel like I should keep the bed, just in case). The head of the bed is against the wall so I figured I could attach one end of the hammock there but then the other end is sticking out into the floor (only possible configuration with the windows & doors of the room). I would love to install some sort of post or maybe the floor to ceiling chain idea I read about here (cannibal?).

My issue is the house is a 14 year old manufactured home. Materials are cheaper- 1/4" drywall for instance- & maybe not as sturdy?? I am willing to use the 2x4 horizontally across several studs at the head of the bed but is there a way to tell if the floor & ceiling joists are strong enough to use the chain method at the foot of the bed? If so, would it be better to use the floor to ceiling chain at the head of the bed too? The ceiling is comprised of those panels (white textured appearance) and can not easily be spackled to cover a large hole so I would want to just connect the eye bolt (or whatever) into the joist without first using a hole saw to see it. Is that feasible?

Lastly, I think the room is 15' wide with 7' ceilings...should I just attach on the opposite wall??

Thanks for any help you can offer. I am reading everything I can find on the subject so please point me in the right direction if it has been posted before.

cyn in fl