Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Timberrr and I have multiple hammocks. The most we ever had at once was five I think though. Our first hammocks were ENO DN and I don't think I'll get rid of them anytime soon. I usually bring them along if we car camp in case one of our friends wants to give hammocking a try.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    BIAS WW w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    WS/TH
    For backpacking, I only have one: my BIAS WW. I might get another (or get another WW to experimenting with integrating a bug net).

I got shorter hammock for indoor lounging (hanging under my loft, I can barely fit a 96" ridgeline). I'm currently investigating getting an indoor hammocks made of cotton and I want one to keep in my desk at work (we have trees that I can hang on at lunch), and possibly another for my car.

I'm proud of myself, I had only a single hammock for nearly five months! I just happened to carry it everywhere

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I think the O.P.'s two reasons combine for most folks, as the previous posts indicate.
    I have about 10 hammocks (I quit counting hammocks and backpacks because I would have to admit that I have a problem).

But I'm trying to get down to 3 that I use. A double layer 1.0 for winter, a single 1.9 with built-in net for summer and a single minimal weight 1.4 for high mileage backpacking with separate tulle net.

I will keep a few extras for "guest hammocks."
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    winter lynx
    It's a progressive thing. I started out with a ENO then my wife wanted one
    got her a Grand Trunk. Than I found HF and that led to hammock camping and DIY equip. I made a ripstop gathered end and a large table cloth one.

Than I realized I needed a bridge hammock for side sleeping, got a JRB
    bridge, then the WBRR came out. Had to have that one too.

I found a real nice Bryer hammock at a flea market for 15.00. couldn't pass
    that up.

Of course, you need all the accessories, tarps, suspensions, rope and stakes. Not to mention UQ's and TQ's.

It balloons out of control and becomes very expensive quickly.

Now I realize I don't have a Mayan or Brazilian.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    My tablecloth came yesterday, I sewed end channels this morning so that I could do mini-spreaders on it, set it up and woke up a couple of hours later

I'm the proud new owner of a brazilian tablecloth hammock that is almost as comfortable as my amazingly comfortable mayan (that cost a lot more).

Now... I need a new color

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    I started with a grand trunk ultralight as a cheap introduction hammock, I got the fully enclosed bug net for Texas summers... It is a lot thinner than my tablecloth hammock so it feels cooler in the hot summer... My netless table cloth may get a net this year in which case I will probably get another one to always have the netless option... They are cheap enough and small enough I can afford to have multiples both monetarily and space wise...

The grand trunk is lighter, not to say that I care about weight but if I was going to be pushing for 20 miles a day it may be my go to, I say may because that big ole tablecloth sure does sleep nice...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I honestly don't know how many hammocks I have, even if I just count my 'campers'. It is that bad. Why? I think I'm just defective.

I used to organize meetups out here specifically for teaching/introducing folks to the idea of using a hammock to camp. That generally required me to have lots of hammocks. Since I had to have lots of them, why not spread it around and try them all. Plus, it gives folks with no experience, an opportunity to 'shop around'. A bit like a Group Hang, but a much wider variety of hammocks.

I have gave away many over the past couple of years as life has gotten too busy to organize meetups. So many in fact, that it sometimes depresses me that I'm down to 3 large Rubbermaid storage containers filled with hammocks; I feel downright destitute. I should be thankful though, because I still have more than I can count at a glance and way more than I can remember.

The meetup things is a perfectly legit and valid reason, but the truth is still pretty simple and straightforward; I ain't right.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I used to organize meetups out here specifically for teaching/introducing folks to the idea of using a hammock to camp. That generally required me to have lots of hammocks. Since I had to have lots of them, why not spread it around and try them all. Plus, it gives folks with no experience, an opportunity to 'shop around'. A bit like a Group Hang, but a much wider variety of hammocks.
    This is actually similar to my legitimate reason. Since I've been doing talks to introduce folks to hammocks I have plenty of options to show them. I can demonstrate netted, netless, bridge, etc. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    The most I had at one time was around 8. But I'm a gear hound. After realizing that my Blackbirds were my go to hammocks I sold all the rest. I kept 2, since I like to have a loaner. I do want to get another net less one though.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    I'm a fiddler. I like to play with hammocks of different styles, cuts, weights, etc. What started as joy-filled fiddling has morphed into a model similar to Cannibal's. I have too many to be considered right in da head, but I do so enjoy sharing with folks that are either new to "the hammock" or just looking to try something else. It's risk free for them and seeing my fellow hammock buddies faces beam with joy as they experience "the hammock" is downright awesome!!

I do have a couple that are my "go to" hammocks, but every so often I'll go with one I haven't taken out for a while to mix things up. Keeps life interesting.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast