Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by A/B View Post
    I too bought an NX-250 as a first hammock for all the reasons stated here. I am impressed with the quality, but I am having issues learning to sleep in the hammock and looking for some suggestions.

I am 61, a side or belly sleeper, with some hip pain. I have read that hammocks are great to alleviate pressure, one reason I bought a hammock. I have tried to sleep 6 nights now, and only had 1 night of restful sleep. Temps have been from 40-70, but not the issue. I just can't seem to find a comfortable position.

I follow the directions of having some slack in the bug net when I put it up, but perhaps I can tighten it up a bit? I don't feel like I am sleeping flat.

Thanks for any help!
    Measure the distance between ends after you've sat in the hammock, rods not inserted. 5/6 of 9' = 90" +- 3 should be good. Per suggestions previously made: A bit of elastic or very light shock cord to pull the hoods gently toward the hammock ends severs the dependence of netting sag on hammock sag.

In my experience,, Clark NX's get hung too tightly just to get the netting away from the face.

First night back in a hammock is not always predictive of future comfort. I sleep as you do, and am always comfortable in a Clark after the first night and sometimes sooner. Sleep through the night? I'll confess not, but have no complaint on that and wouldn't go back.

Thanks for the replies. I did nothing different on the one night I slept well, other than perhaps being a bit more tired than usual.

I will try measuring the hammock. I just need to take this out on a multiday hike, and use it after 10-12 hours on the trail. I'm pretty sure I will do fine.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    As I see you are new to the list, so you may be new to how critical the sag may be. When I wrote "+-3" I did not mean to imply that you would be indifferent to a difference of up to 6" in what you found comfortable.

On the contrary.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345