Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you are worried about the metal to metal contact, wrap the stand in tape. Maybe duct tape or just handlebar tape from a bike shop.

Hammock
    DIY double table cloth
    Tarp
    DIY with ridgeline
    Insulation
    Poncho liner DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings DIY
    Images
    Take the rope out of the hammock and replace with a strap then tie the strap to your stand at whatever length you want. No mess, no fuss.
    Hanging in the Ozarks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I have the same stand and it does bend a little when the hammock is weighted so you want to set up the hammock a little tighter than usual to compensate.

With regards to your set up, as others have said I would try and get the biners off the stand so the force is on the long axis of the biner or get rid of the biner and attach the straps to the rope directly. You could larkshead the end of the strap (the part that normally goes around the tree) to the rope and use one of the other sewn loops to secure it to the hammock stand hook.
    What type of hammock/suspension system do you have Bubba? I'm thinking that I may have to break down and get the whoopie slings to save myself the headache.

UPDATE: So I was able to find some 3/16 Amsteel Blue locally and I made some whoopie slings. However, I didn't use them like most people do. I looped them in half around the rope already on the eno and attached them to the hooks of my stand. It seems to be working well now, but only time will tell. I'm assuming the odds of this rope failing are pretty low, but I've been wrong before, and considering the usage, it might need a little more consideration. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Looks good. Certainly better than before. Now take the plunge and ditch the stock ENO ropes and feed the fixed loops of the whoopies through the hammocks end channels.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Looks good. Certainly better than before. Now take the plunge and ditch the stock ENO ropes and feed the fixed loops of the whoopies through the hammocks end channels.
    I would love to. But I also have to hang this hammock under a lofted bunk bed when I go back to school. It's infinitely easier to leave the ropes on there and use carabiners and slap straps rather than devise a way to make the whoopies work around a bed frame with limited space :/

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12