Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images

Tarp Pole Mod - WB Cloudburst

I'm considering putting a pole-mod on my WB Cloudburst, but I was wondering if anyone else had pole modded a rectangular tarp. I've seen nearly all the mods on Hex tarps so I was wondering if there would be any issues. I'd like to keep the weight down and mod the middle with a single pole instead of two poles.

SJ

Have you given this a try yet? I'm thinking of the same thing, but maybe with two poles. I want it to work for a bridge hammock and I'm not sure one pole will do the job. My thought is to use the pull outs when I don't want to haul around poles but have the pole mod available when the extra weight and bulk don't matter.

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cleandirt View Post
    Have you given this a try yet? I'm thinking of the same thing, but maybe with two poles. I want it to work for a bridge hammock and I'm not sure one pole will do the job. My thought is to use the pull outs when I don't want to haul around poles but have the pole mod available when the extra weight and bulk don't matter.
    I haven't tried it yet. As you noted, I don't think the single pole mod would work very well as the baseline of the tarp bottom is so long that you'd really have to pull the ends together to get enough force on the pole. I think a double pole would work fine however. I've since decided on either moding my Superfly or getting a OMW tarp.

My newest plan is to make pockets for the pole mod that I can clip onto the stake pullout points. I use a continuous ridgeline which I'll attach pruskit loops instead of sewing loops to the tarp for the poles. The poles will lean toward the middle so the apex is closer to the middle of the tarp. By starting at the corners and apexing toward the middle my idea is that the poles will spread the tarp at my hammocks spreader bars.
    This way all the mods can be reversed if it doesn't pan out. I'm still waiting for my tarp to get mailed to me, once I get it and have a chance to try the mods I'll post pictures.

• + New Posts