Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    You know I like this forum for its focus... We talk about hammocks and hammocking... And that lessens the drastic affect this place has one my wallet... And then these threads come up and totally ruin that whole little practice for me...
    Oh well, still not as bad as bass boats and about a million other hobbies! At least that is what I keep telling my wife! Or not even a match for things like year in, year out shoes and clothing and make up and jewelry and big vacations. By most standards, this stuff is dirt cheap! And on top of that, some of us at least sometimes sell some of it to fund our other purchases.

See there Brute, if you are tempted to drop a few bucks for a MMP or whatever, it could be a lot worse!

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    I once told my wife I wanted to start collecting cannons, and maybe a tank or two and I was serious

After that she was really happy I found a different batch of things to collect
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Took the MMP out in the woods today, probably only a mile round trip, but she fit like a glove with a full winter load out and 3L water bladder in the insulated sleeve. I'm loving it.

I posted a trip report here:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...d.php?p=914125

and there are some nice shots of the pack in the woods. I am rollin' with a 1L and a military small first aid kit pouch on one side of the belt and a 4L pouch on the other side.

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC Multicam 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly w/door
    Insulation
    R-11
    Suspension
    Over the Shoulder
    That pack is bombproof
    I don't know about that statement. I just spent $120 on anoher pack that if it works better than the molly I will be putting up my molly as I have not had the bombproof experience.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    I don't know about that statement. I just spent $120 on anoher pack that if it works better than the molly I will be putting up my molly as I have not had the bombproof experience.
    Could you please elaborate on your MMP issues?

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Huh. Surprising; I've never had issue with my personal recreation of it, and my pack-making skills are no where near as refined as MacEntyre's are. I would definitely expect my pack to fall apart faster than one of his, and it's still going strong a year later.

Not doubting you, but what was it that you had trouble with?
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC Multicam 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly w/door
    Insulation
    R-11
    Suspension
    Over the Shoulder
    I have had both side vertical stays break twice. Once sending it back to Mac to have removable stay tabs put in. I broke another and it was easy to just open the tube and put a new carbon shaft in but still, that is two failures. I have since put in my own carbon stays. The top horizonal stay has broken causing a tear/rip in the ribbon material. I have since re-sewn in my own horizonal stay and sewn a patch into the stay. It is more the stay problem than anything else. I have had one stitch problem, I take my pack off by the shoulder strap and a hand grab I had Mac put into my pack as I have bad shoulders and have to roll off my pack. One of the shoulder seams was ripping out and I had to put it on my machine and re-inforce it and the other side.

It might be the solution for most, it just my opinion it isn't bombproof. But then again, is there any bag or pack that is perfect for all users? I know I can't find it. I am actually thinking of buying a heavy duty sewing machine and making my perfect bag. I have just the one in my mind

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    I have had both side vertical stays break twice. Once sending it back to Mac to have removable stay tabs put in. I broke another and it was easy to just open the tube and put a new carbon shaft in but still, that is two failures. I have since put in my own carbon stays. The top horizonal stay has broken causing a tear/rip in the ribbon material. I have since re-sewn in my own horizonal stay and sewn a patch into the stay. It is more the stay problem than anything else. I have had one stitch problem, I take my pack off by the shoulder strap and a hand grab I had Mac put into my pack as I have bad shoulders and have to roll off my pack. One of the shoulder seams was ripping out and I had to put it on my machine and re-inforce it and the other side.

It might be the solution for most, it just my opinion it isn't bombproof. But then again, is there any bag or pack that is perfect for all users? I know I can't find it. I am actually thinking of buying a heavy duty sewing machine and making my perfect bag. I have just the one in my mind
    Wow. How much weight did you put on it?

I've had 75 lbs+ on mine, carrying firewood, for up to a mile at a clip and no problems when it was vertical (the stays bowed more'n I liked when I got off of vertical, though; I suppose they could've cracked had I not been careful how I moved the pack with that much weight on it). The logs themselves made a "virtual frame" when they were stacked against the back panel. I'm impressed: I'd've figured you could carry 100+ lbs on the pack and not broken it if you were at all careful with it.

But...my personal pack weights are never quite that high (I hover around 25 lbs for above-freezing week-long trips with 3L of water). My waist belt and shoulder straps are comfy to ~35 lbs; they're where the weak link is in my particular version of this pack concept.

Ah, well. Sorry that the pack didn't quite work out for you. I hope that your pack-building experience is just as fun as mine was!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    Dutchware tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    Just received a MMP in the mail this week and taking it out to the woods tomorrow for a winter overnight trip. Photo below is a winter load out for sleeping on the ground. Ran into some problems with my hammock last time out so I will be sleeping on the ground tomorrow.

I'll try to get some better photos of the pack out in the woods tomorrow. I'm really loving how the pack fits around the house. I will be busting trail tomorrow through 12" to 14" of snow for 1/2 mile to my campsite so it will be a good test.

We likey!!!!
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Images
    Mine has certainly seemed "bomb proof" compared to most equipment I have used, but Wildman's disappointing experience is what it is. I guess you had the "indestructible" original heaviest model, and not the Angrysparrow UL model? I'm sure you did, just thought I'd better make sure.

I've got one of the very 1st ones, maybe like the 6th made. Mines holding up fine, how bout you guys other than Wildman?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast