WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Looks like you're gonna have a lot of hammocks. Hope you have a lot of trees.
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    If your grandmother has any mobility and/or balance issues that are common for those of us who are older, my recommendation would be a bottom entry HH. If you don't want to screen her in (but she might like the no insect thing) have the screen removed. I started with ENO and had to move to bottom entry.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Grandma might also get cold easily. You may need some insulation underneath (and on top). North Ga. can get pretty chilly.

BTW & OT, I'm interested in the location of the B&B. Wife and I are always up for a trip to N. Ga.
    The B&B is in Sautee-Nacooche GA Near Helen, there is a website, which will give general info but is out of date under construction. The house is Soval House is the name and comes up in general google search. send me a PM and I will give you dads email.

Images
    what do y'all think about this style of hammock withthe bar across it? would it be more stable or less for her?... and thank you to all who have answered this is extremly helpful as I live in NY and have short bursts of time to help my father and grandparents.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Check out the Hammock Shop I have a couple of their hammocks. They're not camping types and if you sleep in them overnight you might get some shoulder squeeze. However they are very comfortable for an afternoon hang like you're looking for. They are a little deep so they might not work well for your grandma. However they make them out of upholstery fabric and are extremely durable. There is an outdoors resort just down the road from their shop that has some of the hammocks strung up pretty much year round for a couple of years and they still work great. It looks like the website is being redone so you might have to go to Facebook for pics of their stuff.

Images
    My guest hammock that lives on my deck is an ENO double with HG summer 3/4 UQ and a fleece throw for the top and a small pillow.
    Before you go a spend $$$ you should let her try something you already have.
    Some folks just don't like the things.

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by gbs View Post
    what do y'all think about this style of hammock withthe bar across it? would it be more stable or less for her?... and thank you to all who have answered this is extremly helpful as I live in NY and have short bursts of time to help my father and grandparents.
    Those things flip like crazy if you're not careful. Honestly I don't think any hammock is a good idea without someone there to help her in and out. Maybe a hammock chair kind of deal would be better?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Those spreader bar hammocks tend to be much less stable than a gathered-end.

+1 on something like an Eno double if she can get help getting in/out. If not, +1 on the bottom entry Hennessey's. Those are generally the easiest to get in/out of for anyone with any issues (knees, balance, mobility, etc.).
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Images
    Guys thank you so much for your help.. the question was raised "what about a hammock Chair" do y'all have idea about these? I would love to know what kind of chair would work well if any.

Thanks

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    Those spreader bar hammocks will dump her crashing on earth without much notice!
    Do hang angle those magic 30 degrees for brazilian hammock and I would say here only one hint=don,t step in hammock feet first and she will be most likely safe. I sleep in brazilian hammock 4 years full time and no such incidents as falling out of hammock happened. Before hammock sleeping i some times i crashed on the floor from bed=OUCH!
    Ride fast
    Live fun

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast