Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Images
    Well, that was disappointing! I was online by 0730 central this AM, and no more sign of the Downmats! Oh well, you snooze you lose!

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    here's my dissapointment: the REI sale was toutet as being an additional 50% on top of any savings ending in 83˘. That is the way it was explained in the email they sent. Then, it turns out anything ending in 83˘ (in my cart) was the final price...
    but theres more! today I open the site to make my purchase and the website is crashed! ugh.
    I have had better experience with SierraTradingPost. Less of a feeding frenzy over there.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    here's my dissapointment: the REI sale was toutet as being an additional 50% on top of any savings ending in 83˘. That is the way it was explained in the email they sent. Then, it turns out anything ending in 83˘ (in my cart) was the final price...
    but theres more! today I open the site to make my purchase and the website is crashed! ugh.
    I have had better experience with SierraTradingPost. Less of a feeding frenzy over there.
    I agree with the less of a frenzy. STP doesn't have the name reconition that REI does. I think this was my first REI order in years. Unless something is on clearance like this, I end up finding it for cheaper on other sites.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Mike, everything ending in .83 WAS discounted %50 - they simply changed the prices directly on the online store. If you looked at an item two days ago and it was 29.83, today it will be listed as 15.83.

However, they have had problems with their computer system, due to the massive popularity of this sale. At the Atlanta store today, there were well over a hundred people waiting in line before the store opened.

You know, I'm kind of frustrated by the way people are acting like REI is all shady and deceptive with this sale - they are offering loads of gear at amazing discounts, and it seems like all some people can do is complain.

I got in line early, got into the store, and got a bunch of gear for cheap. Who can complain about that???

Tarp
    Ghetto Tarp
    Insulation
    Squirrels
    They had already marked alot of prices online 1/2 off last night. The down pads were all gone by 9o p.m. I found some things I wanted, then found some more at REI outlet.

Thanks for the heads up on this Mustardman

STP is great. Incase any of you don't know, if you sign up they send you various codes (literally) every day. I wait for the 25% off and free shipping... love those

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    hey man Im not the only one with a complaint!
    REI is just another outfitter. fortunately for me, i can shop where i choose and save money whenever i choose
    I did think it was shady and deceptive to announce that you are putting on a sale starting 1-9 and then start the sale 2 days earlier. (1-7)
    the prices were nice, and many deals to be had, but in reality not much better than any given sunday. My 2˘

* i did end up getting a great pair of hiking pants for $15. REI brand, and a nice, olive drab color.
    Last edited by te-wa; 01-09-2009 at 13:41.

Talking

For once count me lucky. I was watchind the down mats online and didn't pull the trigger. living in NY I don't have acces to a local REI store. Contacted my bro in Atlanta, he found one in one of the three stores. I called @ 10:00 am sharp, was put on hold while the csr tryed to find it. 14 mins. later he told me that it had been sold....to someone with the same last name. (my sister in law was nice enough to wade in through the masses!!!) I guess I have used my KARMA for this year.
    I am camping in 2 weeks with the scouts and will give the new DAM a try.
    yis,
    Erin

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs down

I went to my local REI today and the place was picked clean. I left empty handed.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I got a 48" x 20" x 1.5" self-inflating pad (18 oz) for $17. Just like a thermarest prolite but an ounce heavier. Mainly for traveling military air but I might take it camping sometimes b/c packs smaller than CCF. Can't complain about that price...I almost got two, just because.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast