Sure was a good stand though, I miss it.
Apparently, signature that I used from 2006 no longer tolerated so now deleted.
turtlelady stand construction...bamboo, 2x2's, etc., with tripod lashing.
Lots of members have shifted to the turtledog version with a hinge replacing the lashing. I like the lashing better.
It requires a 14-16' ridgepole to properly hang the WBRR. The one in my photo is 16'.
1) Repair any damages to woodwork/hardware.
2) Paint the woodwork(do it for the kids, it's all about the kids).
3) Dig out and add weedblock to small area below the "swings". About a 14X12 area sounds right. Mulch said area.
4) Add low plants to ends of "swing" area, not front/back.
5) Get drinks and the Lady of the Castle, 2 chairs and sit and watch the kids play.
Your a hero and you get your stand back with a view
Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you
My fantastic Photographer wife: http://www.capturedhearts-photography.com
Military aluminum poles and http://stores.ebay.com/deagle1969?_rdc=1as used in these stands....
Edit...welcome to HF!
Last edited by gmcttr; 06-24-2013 at 21:50.