Thread: What to do?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps

What to do?

I have a WBBB 1.7 dbl ... My buddy mentioned that WB has come out with a new XLC version to help the taller people and to also help that little ridge that comes up.

The XL is suppose to get rid of this correct?

Now my dilemma, should I try and sale my 1.7 and take the hit in $$ and then go for a the newer longer XL? Will it make that much of a difference in my nights sleep? does it completely remove the ridge thing from the 1.7?

Am I correct in my statements in my questions? Warbonnets site is down at the moment ... at least for me, so I can't really get exact pricing (i forgot what they were going for )

Warbonnet Outdoors is up and running. I purchased a Lynx from Brandon today. And I went to his site again just now to confirm it.

You may have noticed, Warbonnet products hold their value very well. If you decide to sell, you will get the majority of your investment back very quickly, if you post the sale here on HF.

From the Warbonnet site: XLC Blackbird dbl layer 1.7- $265
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 06-24-2013 at 23:25.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    ya, prices have dropped a little on my 1.7 since I purchased it a year or more ago. Would the upgrade to the XLC be worth the probably $100+ dollars?

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Copenhagen69 View Post
    Would the upgrade to the XLC be worth the probably $100+ dollars?
    Nobody can really answer this. There are those, who claim that XLC provides them with a much better lay, and there are those who returned to their BB.

If it was me, I wouldn't sell the Blackbird. I might order an XLC, but I would first test it thoroughly, before I would sell one or the other.

Some things to consider: The XLC is not just more expensive, but also quite a bit heavier than the Blackbird. I assume not just because it is longer, but also because of the features. It basically is comparable to the Dream Hammock Thunderbird. Do you really need those features? Or do you just want a longer hammock?

I don't want to talk you out of buying another hammock. Buying another hammock is always good But it's up to you to know, if you can afford it, and if sacrifices have to be made if it's worth it.

I assume you are in Denmark? This makes selling the hammock a bit more time-consuming. I sold a couple of hammocks. First put them up here, but with shipping costs to the US, I would have made too big a loss. I ended up selling them on eBay. Took a while until somebody came along who was willing to spend that much money on a hammock, but I sold all of them in the end.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    WB Edge or SF
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB web or whoopies
    Images
    You could buy the xlc, test it, and then make your decision. If you don't like it, return it to Brandon since I think he still has his 60 return it if you don't like it policy (you might check on that to see if I'm right). If you do like it, sell your current BB. You won't lose too much $ as the BB's hold their value pretty well.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrprince View Post
    You could buy the xlc, test it, and then make your decision. If you don't like it, return it to Brandon since I think he still has his 60 return it if you don't like it policy (you might check on that to see if I'm right). If you do like it, sell your current BB. You won't lose too much $ as the BB's hold their value pretty well.
    Only true if you live in the US. Shipping to Europe is already more than 40 USD. Add customs (not sure if you would get your money back from them) and shipping costs back, and you are way better off selling the hammock on eBay...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrprince View Post
    hmmm that may not be a bad idea ... gonna have to talk with him about that then

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've been a quiet XLC user for a few months now and am very happy with it. I have not noticed any ridge in the XLC. Then again, only one of my Blackbirds seems to have a ridge that I notice.

If I had to pick between the XLC and the Blackbird, I think I would probably pick the XLC. It has all of the comfort and functionality of the Birds, but also has the ability to customize for every trip. The extra 10, or so ounces over the already pudgy Blackbirds is a burden, but at least it is well rewarded in comfort.

I don't sell anything, so I can't really help you on that front.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts