Hammock
    WBBB DL1.0
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 0*
    Suspension
    Web Straps

Am I the only one to have shipping issues?

Am I the only one to have shipping issues with Warbonnet? All I see are post about how quick and responsive Brandon is. This is the second time I have ordered from him. Both times the orders have taken a while to ship. The web site says in stock items "normally ship in approximately 1 week" . Last time I had to pay express shipping to get the gear before a trip. I am still waiting for my order on 12/29 to ship.

I recognize Warbonnet is a cottage industry. As a former business owner I understand all too well that things happen. I am more than willing to cut him some slack. The reason I am posting is twofold:
    1. Given the volume of positive reports I wanted to put my experiences out there. Hopefully my experiences are just a fluke. But if they are not I thought others should know.
    2. There are things I want to buy from Brandon in the future. So I can plan accordingly, should I be buying things at least a month or two out before a trip?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl layer,WBTrvlr
    Tarp
    WBMambajamba
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by zugcat View Post
    Am I the only one to have shipping issues with Warbonnet? All I see are post about how quick and responsive Brandon is. This is the second time I have ordered from him. Both times the orders have taken a while to ship. The web site says in stock items "normally ship in approximately 1 week" . Last time I had to pay express shipping to get the gear before a trip. I am still waiting for my order on 12/29 to ship.

I recognize Warbonnet is a cottage industry. As a former business owner I understand all too well that things happen. I am more than willing to cut him some slack. The reason I am posting is twofold:
    1. Given the volume of positive reports I wanted to put my experiences out there. Hopefully my experiences are just a fluke. But if they are not I thought others should know.
    2. There are things I want to buy from Brandon in the future. So I can plan accordingly, should I be buying things at least a month or two out before a trip?
    He could be just way behind because of Christmas holiday. Shoot him a message to inquire about it.
    "Are you hung up?"

Images
    I think he generally ships once a week. Add the holiday's, stuff happens. Send him an email, maybe it was already shipped but forget to send you notice...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    It's worth the wait

I sometimes order stuff at the last minute for trips and spend a couple of days looking out for mr postie

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I placed an order on December 30th, and it just showed up at the door today! I think his holiday sale ws such a huge success that they got a little behind. I will say this---it was worth the wait! Like some one said a while back, its not like shopping at REI! (and yes, I would plan ahead and order things way ahead of time!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    +1 on above. I placed an order for a 1.1 dbl, and got notified it shipped maybe Tuesday. It showed up on Friday. Also, it might depend on just what your ordered. TQ and UQ take more time
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I'd never give a cottage vendor less than a month. It's the nature of the business for life to interfere.

That is not to say I do not appreciate fast service or might not call one in a pinch. I just think one needs to consider they do not have a full time job doing pack and ship.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    It can happen to have to wait. I ordered from a vendor (not Brandon) for a black friday sale and it arrived two days ago. That would be the longest I have ever had to wait no question.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I once waited 7 weeks on a single traveler, it was at a time he was covered up. Happens to the best of us. But,,all good things comes to those that wait.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I am in the waiting game, too. Ordered a Camo SF on Dec 22. Got a PM from Brandon the first of the week, saying that he is trying to get the holiday orders out by the end of the week. So far, no notice. Hope it gets shipped soon. I have a trip the end of the month and was hoping to have it before, so I can get the guy lines on and set it up, before hand. It's not going to be the end of the world (The Mayans were wrong) as I do have another tarp that I can use......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast