Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ukhammocks TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies+dutchware
    Bag of ar?e:

Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified
    Your item could not be delivered on January 20, 2013 at 11:48 pm in GREAT BRITAIN due to payment of charges. It is being held while the addressee is notified.

Sometimes not everything about parcel-tracking is lovely :-(

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Dang, that sucks. I'm waiting on mine to ship, but it's been less than a week still so I'm just being impatient. I guess it's not so much that I'm being impatient as it is that I'm just VERY excited to get it.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    ...how do you define cottage?

My biggest pet peeve is over promising and under delivering, being a Sales Manger I understand this is the kiss of death...
    Cottage is the guy who writes the email, answers the phone, makes the product, orders the materials and has no one else to delegate it to, except his/her spouse and kid.

Swank, you didn't say anything wrong, but these guys don't have sales managers or division heads. They're folk just like you and me, and sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes they get behind. On occasion, as you've mentioned, enough friends notice it, that its a "trend." But mostly, its just the occasional error.

When you order from one of these folk, consider you're ordering from a friend. It puts certain constraints on both sides, but you know that going in. 'Cause I'm guessing and I've found, everyone I've dealt with has wanted me to be satisified. They're a good bunch...just sayin'...

Hammock
    Woodsman X proto
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ukhammocks TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies+dutchware
    My posts on here are in no way a complaint. Everything was despatched just fine. Subsequent to that it's just the usual issues of international couriers and UK Customs. Neither have anything to do with WB. So far I'm perfectly happy with the service.

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Ya I'm not complaining... I haven't even contacted Brandon to try to expedite my order, because I knew there'd be some lead time and I planned for it. In order for me to feel like I have a right to complain I'd have to have reached out to him and been unsatisfied with his response... That hasn't happened, and from what I've read if I had reached out I would have been satisfied; I just didn't see that as necessary. A little excercise in patience is always good for me.

As for Swankfly's issues, the only 'promise' given to me was the following in the shipping FAQ page: "Items normally ship in approximately 1 week while orders containing backordered items will normally ship within 3 weeks." Notice the words 'normally' and 'approximately.' I don't think the few weeks after his holiday sale qualify as 'normal' and I recognize that this is an approximation. On my order confirmation email it says 'Feel free to contact us with any questions.' Again, if I had any concerns I would have. Given all of this info I don't think it's fair to attack his business with what seems to be your frustration with small businesses in general. In fact I think his shipping statement is pretty well written in order to avoid over-promising.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AE Jarbidge, bag
    Suspension
    buckles/whoopies
    I ordered my RR last week and just received an email with the hallowed words "Your package is on the way." That's a mighty good turn around time for a cottage industry, IMHO.

Big box online retailers of outdoor gear might get your gear out quicker, but I sure like the idea of supporting the guy who has the guts and gumption to go out and start his own company. I like the idea of knowing that, if I have a problem, I can call and get the owner of the company on the horn to discuss it.

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I ordered my RR last week and just received an email with the hallowed words "Your package is on the way." That's a mighty good turn around time for a cottage industry, IMHO.

Big box online retailers of outdoor gear might get your gear out quicker, but I sure like the idea of supporting the guy who has the guts and gumption to go out and start his own company. I like the idea of knowing that, if I have a problem, I can call and get the owner of the company on the horn to discuss it.
    You've got me hopeful for my Superfly.

Hammock
    Woodsman X proto
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ukhammocks TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies+dutchware
    Just called the UK courier and paid the charges (no way as much as I expected, but then duty, VAT etc are a mystery to me ;-) ). Hopefully the nice man with a van will deliver it tomorrow.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    Ahhhhhhh, see you all thought I was talking specifically about Brandon, I never mentioned anyone in particular.
    You inserted the comments into a thread about Warbonnet in the subforum for Warbonnet. It's hard to think it was directed at anyone else.

Lets leave the business practice lectures to the classroom please. We're here to talk hammocks.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WBBB
    Suspension
    Strap and beans.
    My wife made a huge order just before T-Giving... 4 WBBB, 4 MJ Tarps, 4 TQs, and 1 UQ. My WIFE screwed up the shipping address and my order went all over the midwest.

Brandon, in the middle of being swamped, took the time to help me track it down and ensure it got to my house - which it did just fine after a while (again, my wife's fault exacerbated by our speedy postal system).

8 thumbs up to Brandon in his craftsmanship, work ethic, and customer service!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast