Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Warbonnet Ridge Runner Multicamo

I was up in the air on if I'd like a bridge hammock or not, having never tried one. I read through a bunch of posts and decided to try it.

I ordered one back in the second week of December and just got it a couple days ago (maybe four weeks waiting - no shipping notice, it just showed up).

Ok, so I've seen quite a few Ridge Runners on here, but I have yet to see a photo of one in MULTICAM. I don't think it's as popular an option (which in hindsight makes sense, once you put your UQ on it!).

After getting it up, It seems to be one of the most comfortable hammocks that I've tried. I can lay on my side or even mostly on my stomach without issues too. I got a double layer and the inside layer is just green, not multicam. I stuck my Wallyworld blue foam between and it curved to fit better than in a gathered end hammock. I was able to stick my HG Incubator on it and tried it with my HG Burrow.

I'll have to give it a big thumbs up. I like the bars and that the net is elevated. The views are out both sides (as opposed to the WB BlackBird). I found that the fabric is sewn in just right to make a head support at the top. It doesn't have the issues that the BlackBird has with calf pressure.

I haven't tried a tarp with it. I can see how their might be an issue with the ends protruding and impacting a tarp if the pull outs are not placed correctly. I'm thinking about making some foam blocks for the ends.

The main thing that I disliked was the pockets got deeper at the head. As others have said in the WBRR threads, I think they would have worked better having the deep ends of the pockets down by your hands. I couldn't reach up to my right shoulder with my right hand and get into the bottom of the pocket. If the shallow end had been here and the deep end had been at my hand, I think it would have been better. Or, maybe if Brandon just sewed one reversed?

Anyways, I'll need to do some more testing! I would definitely buy this one again. I much prefer it over my WBBBs (1.1d and 1.7d).
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts