Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Warbonnet Ridge Runner Multicamo

I was up in the air on if I'd like a bridge hammock or not, having never tried one. I read through a bunch of posts and decided to try it.

I ordered one back in the second week of December and just got it a couple days ago (maybe four weeks waiting - no shipping notice, it just showed up).

Ok, so I've seen quite a few Ridge Runners on here, but I have yet to see a photo of one in MULTICAM. I don't think it's as popular an option (which in hindsight makes sense, once you put your UQ on it!).

After getting it up, It seems to be one of the most comfortable hammocks that I've tried. I can lay on my side or even mostly on my stomach without issues too. I got a double layer and the inside layer is just green, not multicam. I stuck my Wallyworld blue foam between and it curved to fit better than in a gathered end hammock. I was able to stick my HG Incubator on it and tried it with my HG Burrow.

I'll have to give it a big thumbs up. I like the bars and that the net is elevated. The views are out both sides (as opposed to the WB BlackBird). I found that the fabric is sewn in just right to make a head support at the top. It doesn't have the issues that the BlackBird has with calf pressure.

I haven't tried a tarp with it. I can see how their might be an issue with the ends protruding and impacting a tarp if the pull outs are not placed correctly. I'm thinking about making some foam blocks for the ends.

The main thing that I disliked was the pockets got deeper at the head. As others have said in the WBRR threads, I think they would have worked better having the deep ends of the pockets down by your hands. I couldn't reach up to my right shoulder with my right hand and get into the bottom of the pocket. If the shallow end had been here and the deep end had been at my hand, I think it would have been better. Or, maybe if Brandon just sewed one reversed?

Anyways, I'll need to do some more testing! I would definitely buy this one again. I much prefer it over my WBBBs (1.1d and 1.7d).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Looks great. Congrats on the new piece of gear! I absolutely love my RR, too.

As has been pointed out in the other posts, many like the deeper part of the pockets by the shoulders and shallow part more toward the middle. I'm in that camp. It allows me to place my more accessed items (glasses, headlamp, etc.) right where my hand naturally falls. Then, I can leave the deeper pockets for items I access less-frequently (stuff sacks, extra socks, etc.).
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Wow...that camo sure looks very nice! I like it, and your going to like it even more using it. Your wait was well worth it it looks to me. Congrats on the new RR.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Another congrats on a great piece of new gear!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly Guy!
    Insulation
    Pad/UQ Depending
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Ti's
    Nice

I've just picked up a RR, but only had the chance so far to grab 2 hours kip in it. Great hammock though.

I like your pattern. Its a shame WB dont do superfly's in it as I found the current cammo version repetitive so went with the plain green to accompany the hammock.

US Woodland is my favorite all round pattern for the UK, which your RR looks pretty close to.

Enjoy.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    That's a beaut! Congrats Boomer, the RidgeRunner is fantastic! In camo...just plain goodness!

Cheers

Nice one. Got my shipping notice last week. Mine should be here (down under)
    this week. Meant to have some hot days though, about 40c. Might be just about right for testing if there is some breeze at night.
    Happy with the fitment of your uqs ?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch
    Man that thing is sweet! I'm always bummed when they have a sale, I never have the money. Gotta save up for a RR.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by DENMONKEY View Post
    Happy with the fitment of your uqs ?
    Yes on the fitting. I'm interested in the Lynx, but I noticed that the HG Incubator is the same width and length as the RR.

The biggest surprise was that I had expected it to be tippy. When I set it up, I had a lot of sag and got a bit of a banana shape. I hitched it up to the recommended 20* and found that it was much flatter. I also found that it wasn't nearly as tippy as I'd come to expect.

It does have a longer suspension length, so I won't be able to set it up between trees that are closer together, like my ENO can do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski View Post
    I like your pattern. Its a shame WB doesn't do Superfly's in it, as I found the current camo version repetitive so went with the plain green to accompany the hammock.

US Woodland is my favorite all round pattern for the UK, which your RR looks pretty close to.
    As far as the camo, I like the pattern. I agree with you about the Superfly camo. A little too dark and repetitive for my taste. I don't know if the multicam is available in a sylnylon. I've looked at several patterns and my favorite is ASAT Camo.

Hammock
    blackbird
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    thermarest
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    i gotta have one of these. with the sock, I reckon i can hang all year round here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast