Hammock
    DIY Gathered & Whipped/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopie slings Duh
    It's no wonder that USPS is on the verge of going out of business. Their tracking system is not mention to be as detailed as ups or fed ex. They will tell you that it's not really for that purpose. Hopefully it will show up. USPS is a privately owned company so I believe that they would want to make it right or there is plenty you can do to recoup your products from USPS. I hate them. Good luck

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebugdawn View Post
    I agree with RR. I have found that most packages I have tracked through USPS do not show movement. There is the initial check-in, then nothing until it is delivered. My guess is that it is indeed on its way to you. Be patient...hopefully it will show up soon.
    Mine was this exact scenario. It showed leaving Ohio, but didn't show another update until the day it got to my house...5 or 6 business days later.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    The USPS does not have tracking. Their service is called delivery confirmation and is for that in a nut shell. Unlike other services that have live updates from the route all along the way the postal service scans during the day and updates on return to the office. Also in hubs, which is where your package is more than likely last scanned at they do not always, more like ever, scan on leaving the hub. Meaning your package may be on truck to your area's main hub and still showing at the vendor's hub.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    keep an eye on the process. i had a breeze quilt sit in a cart "collecting dust" as it was put, for over a month after shipping to a guy in NY. another time it took 9 days for a priority package to reach California. ONE state away. sheesh!
    rare, very rare indeed, but not impossible.
    Last edited by te-wa; 01-13-2013 at 16:58.

Images
    Funny thing happened today, a HammockGear 20* Burrow, extra wide with 2 oz overstuff showed up unexpectedly on my door step today. I didn't order one, but it is super nice....it was supposed to go to someone in Colorado.....JK

swank

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    Funny thing happened today, a HammockGear 20* Burrow, extra wide with 2 oz overstuff showed up unexpectedly on my door step today. I didn't order one, but it is super nice....it was supposed to go to someone in Colorado.....JK

swank
    You must be where all the lost Dutch Clips are going too.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    My wife sells a lot of stuff on ebay, a lot. At one point she was shipping 10 packages every 3 days. She uses USPS Priority and problems are extremely rare. Interesting factoid, when it comes to UPS, (not sure about FedEx) they use USPS for some of their delivery chain.

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    I've had a similar experience. As long as the tracking system does NOT say "delivered", you must assume that it is in transit. If it says "delivered" and you still don't have it, then you should worry. There is no insurance on priority shipping. Making it right would be at the discretion of the sender.

My package arrived 20 days after shipping from NJ. Unfortunately, it looked like it had been run over by a truck (or at least caught in a sorter). Before it arrived, the manufacturer sent a replacement. The replacement arrived in perfect condition in just a few days. The vast majority of packages sent through USPS are delivered safely and reliably. Good luck!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    maybe its me, but I have never been able to effectively track anything thru USPS because their tracking on line, purly sucks. I can't even compare it to UPS or FedEx because their tracking just doesn't work. Totally sucks. give a little while longer to see if its delivered.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Personally I think USPS is getting a bum wrap in this thread....

Having shipped 12,000 + JRB orders with only two losses (and one was eventually returned to us) and three stolen deliveries off porches or apartment stoops (most of you really would not want signature receipt as you are not home and would have to go to the PO after recieving notice they had a package requiring signature). FTR... JRB made good on these orders on an expedited basis.

USPS does pretty good IMHO....The vast majority are well within the 2-3 day delivery guideline. Darn fast compared to the old parcel post and up to 2Xs faster than UPS or FEDEX when going 2000 miles or more.

FWIW, we used UPS for a while, costlier, two times slower on coast to coast, unless paying a much higher shipping for air...They also lost a package, interestly it was during our first busy holiday season. The claim process was as slow or slower.

My $0.02....and thousands of facts.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast