Wal-Mart Equip
    Tarp
    GG Emergncy Sheltr
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ/Foam/Net
    Suspension
    Amsteel/Tech Line

Modular PLUQ with Insultex?

I have read through the sew-'em-up and no-sew PLUQ and the IXUQ threads, and a few other threads but have not seen an answer to my question. I have seen posts where people talk about doing this, but no pictures or personal experiences with it.

What I'm wondering, is if it would be possible to make a modular UQ, where layers of insulation could be removed or added with ease?

I was thinking, PLUQ with snaps that attach to a layer of Insultex. Then the Insultex would have snaps that attach to a second layer of Insultex, etc., etc.,..

Would snaps install easily in Insultex or would the material just rip? Cutting the different layers of Insultex to longer than needed dimensions could allow for natural baffling - snaps could span 48" but Insultex could be cut to 50" to allow for 2" of wrinkles/baffling/prevent compression.

Anyone try this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Seems like it should work... Insultex is cheap enough, get after it...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    this has been done. I don't know about snaps on the inside, but some leave one end open so they can add to and take away insulation when necessary. I have done something similar once. I used a second pl when I went camping on the inside of my no sew, but it was too heavy for the 1/8 shock cord and I really had to tighten it up alot to get a decent seal on the hammock. It was functional but not ideal.

My current version is the dejoha sewn pluq without ix. I use it inside with my td stand. I am about to get a AHE Jarbidge (similar dimensions at half the weight and bulk) for camping when I get off of vacation in a few weeks. That way I have a uq for all the way down into the 20*s more than likely.

Good luck with your project. The worst thing that could possibly happen is not succeding. hopefully you get some good replies with this thread....
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

• + New Posts