Quick question/thought:

I just picked up 3 of these and will probably grab 2 more (will keep one un cut just to wear though) tomorrow. I was thinking as a single layer full length underquilt most are estimating a temp rating of down into the 40s, what if I did a 3/4ish length and made a 2 layer UQ?

I am in the planning stages right now and will begin disassembling them this week some time and will try and lay it out. I was thinking about making it so I can have a convertible type of quilt, where it could be single or double layer to maybe get down into the low 30's possibly? I would make a suspension to hang my primary UQ and maybe have it so I can Velcro in a thicker piece, especially under my thighs to my head. I currently have a 3/4 UQ thats a 20* (actually purchased from deerfu lol) and I have been fine really to about 15 in it as long as I put my sit pad under my feet.

I want to try and have a few pieces of gear that are multi season/functional so that way I have to own less gear and what not. Having so many different bags and under quilts stored hanging in my office makes it a bit cramped.

I will also be trying to make a top quilt so we will see how this goes....