Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Kids Hammock Size?

Does anyone have a recommendation in regards to size for a kids hammock? When I say kid I mean 3-5.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    11' Dutch, Yukon, ENO, and more
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    multiple setups
    Images
    My grandkids each have their own Grand Trunk hammock...it is the regular single hammock, not too huge and they are happy that it will wrap all the way around them...all night snuggle and no rolling out either!! They are 6 1/2 and 3 1/2 now...the little one just started hanging by herself this summer but big brother has been in his own hammock for a couple of years now.

I will have to pull my Son's out that "hangnout and 2sticks" gave to him last fall and get the measurements off of it for you.

Here's a picture of it ( he was 6 when these pictures were taken )

*** EDIT *** Update with measurements

These are finished measurements for the hammock body ( measurements do not include the "hangnout" bugnet mod )

Width : 50" Finished / Sided Rolled Hem : 3/4" ( 2 rows of stitching )
    Length : 100" Finished / End Channel 1" with 1" sewed hem ( 3 rows of stitching ) ( overall 2" with the 3 rows of stitching and open channel )
    Ridgeline Length : 78"

*** END EDIT ***

I hope that helps
    Last edited by WickedKlown2; 10-10-2013 at 23:12. Reason: Added Measurements

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    Started my youngest grand kids with DIY hammocks made from polyester shower curtains. They come completely hemmed and all I had to do was tie off the ends and larks head on continuous loops, then add a buckle/strap suspension.
    Big selection of colors & designs. Measure about 80" x 36"

Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    My kids don't seem to care about the size as long as they can lay in it. They will seize any open hammock if they think they can get away with it. They will complain about weight however, as I make them carry all of their own stuff, now that they can.
    Mind over matter,
    if you don't mind, it don't matter

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Thanks guys! Awesome idea on the shower curtain SnrMoment! Nice job on that hammock Wicked!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Thanks guys! Awesome idea on the shower curtain SnrMoment! Nice job on that hammock Wicked!
    HamMike,

I cannot take credit for my Son's hammock. Hangnout made it for 2sticks and when she outgrew it they were nice enough to send it to my boy. When he outgrows it I will do the same and put it in the pay it forward section.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedKlown2 View Post
    HamMike,

I cannot take credit for my Son's hammock. Hangnout made it for 2sticks and when she outgrew it they were nice enough to send it to my boy. When he outgrows it I will do the same and put it in the pay it forward section.
    Still cool, looks like a little Blackbird.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    That hammock brings a tear to a dad's eye thinking about the time spent hanging with 2sticks when she was small enough to use it. BTW it is a top entry, no zipper design.

I do like a shorter hammock for younger kids mainly due to the fact they are easier to hang under the same tarp. The shorter length makes it easier to keep everything dry when hanging off center.

When they get a little older it is too hard to keep up with the growth spurts so just get a full length.

Doesn't really matter what you use as long as they are in the woods with you.

Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    That hammock brings a tear to a dad's eye thinking about the time spent hanging with 2sticks when she was small enough to use it. BTW it is a top entry, no zipper design.

I do like a shorter hammock for younger kids mainly due to the fact they are easier to hang under the same tarp. The shorter length makes it easier to keep everything dry when hanging off center.

When they get a little older it is too hard to keep up with the growth spurts so just get a full length.

Doesn't really matter what you use as long as they are in the woods with you.
    Thank You again hangnout . We used it this past weekend at Boxwell for the Fall Cub and Family. This time we set up bunk bed style with CJ7 hanging above me. He had a blast in it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast