Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by civetta62 View Post
    Attachment 49041

Superfly w/doors shut on the RR. Probably about a 6-8 inch gap. Sorry for the low light. It was very early.
    "I stand corrected, Wyatt. You're an oak"

Did you have to shorten your triangle at all, did you have to set the hammock up with more sag, or was it just a good fit?

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    still tweaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    "I stand corrected, Wyatt. You're an oak"

Did you have to shorten your triangle at all, did you have to set the hammock up with more sag, or was it just a good fit?
    Just a good fit I suppose. I'm still a bit of a noob. There was some rub at the head end spreader bar, but it didn't seem to be a problem. All edges are very smooth. I may try to change the head end pullout with a gripclip and see how that works. I used shockcord for the doors and just clipped them to the opposite tieout triangle. Kept it taut without too much pressure rub on the amsteel.

New Member TextualTyrannosaurus's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO Doublenest, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridgerest Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    My only real concern with the Superfly is that the doors don't close all the way, but I suppose that would only really be a problem in bad weather where I would have a sock on anyway. The pole mod looks like it gives plenty of clearance off the spreader bars but I would probably devise some sort of cover just in case.

Regarding weight, the OMW 144" is 22oz without the pole mod according to the site, so I would assume they would be almost identical weights along with their respective mods.

Looks like I'm probably going to go with the superfly, being able to porch w/o hiking poles from inside the tarp seems worth the extra $30 or so over the OMW with pole mods. But if you guys have any more insight please add it, I probably won't be placing my order for a few days and I'm sure other RR owners will be making a similar decision.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

what tarps are working for the ridgerunner?

Quote Originally Posted by TextualTyrannosaurus View Post
    My only real concern with the Superfly is that the doors don't close all the way, but I suppose that would only really be a problem in bad weather where I would have a sock on anyway. The pole mod looks like it gives plenty of clearance off the spreader bars but I would probably devise some sort of cover just in case.
    If it was expected poor weather, like you say, I'd pack a sock.

I wouldn't be too nervous though of the small opening in unexpected inclement weather where I didn't pack the sock. If things got too hairy, I'd throw a jacket or poncho or what not up to block any spray.

Regarding weight, the OMW 144" is 22oz without the pole mod according to the site, so I would assume they would be almost identical weights along with their respective mods.
    The poles are shorter on the OMW than on the Superfly with the double pole mod so one would assume they'd be lighter. However, if you go with the 144" OMW, it's going to probably be heavier than the SF so you may make up some weight there.

Either way, I'd carry a little extra weight for the added functionality of the SF with the double pole mod IMHO.

Looks like I'm probably going to go with the superfly, being able to porch w/o hiking poles from inside the tarp seems worth the extra $30 or so over the OMW with pole mods.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but an OMW would be $145 + $15 for the 144" ridgeline + $65 for the outside pole mod = $225.

A Superfly would be $130 + $80 for the materials to make the double pole mod = $210 making the Superfly cheaper by 15 bucks not 30 bucks more expensive?

Even if it was more expensive I'd still take the SF with double pole mod.

I'm not partial or anything

New Member TextualTyrannosaurus's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO Doublenest, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridgerest Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    It appears I am quite awful at doing addition in my head haha. Although I was planning on getting the multicam superfly, so it would be $10 more expensive, but I was still way off. But that pretty much settles it then, superfly is getting ordered tomorrow. What hardware would you guys suggest with it. I've seen both dutch flyz and stingerz mentioned, any preferences?

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner/Darien UL
    Tarp
    Spinntek Mamajamba
    Insulation
    TQ LeighLo/WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UCRs
    I use a Dutch Fly and a Dutch Hook with some soft shackles prussiced (not really a word?) on a 35' continuos ridgeline. It works great and is very light BUT... Working the soft shackles is a nightmare in the cold. If I ever decide to change it up I would do a Dutch Stinger on one end and a Dutch Hook on the other with a small continuos loop attached to the tarp to connect to the Dutch Hook.
    Just my current thought on the matter... I'm sure I will be thinking differently by Fall.
    Last edited by 8Daddy; 04-05-2013 at 00:17. Reason: typo
    Life is short and then it's forever..

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345