Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Last week,,I got the bug again,,and dug out all the 7/64 amsteel suspension pieces of different lengths, trying to shorten the suspension more than what its set at now..and went thru the squirrelie period of laying in it and 37.5 inches is the shortest I can be stable in it with the amsteel at this length,,making my RL without laying in it, 12' 2" from dutch beiner to dutch beiner (as I cut the buckels off that the suspension was attached to my whoopies). Its perfect for me at these lengths and I can get the whole thing under either of my 12' cuben tarps as I lay in it..but,,took the 4 inch head spreader bar attachment out as that is what Brandon recommended if you were shortening the head end. Just got some hiking pole end pieces from Brandon and going to see how they fit my hiking poles. One thing I really really like about using hiking poles is the versatitiy of being able to shorten the foot end if you wanted, or adjusting the head spreader any way you want it as the adjustment of the hiking poles lets you. I have my hiking pole at the head end set at 36" wide and I enjoy it that way, and can shorten it more if I want. Under a cuben tarp in very bad weather, I can see, shortening it more to get the tarp sides narrower and closer to the ground if need be. I haven't tried the head hiking pole at 39.5" wide at the head end but I dont see a problem with it set at that with this shorter suspension either. Will test it out at that length and get back to everybody.
    I'd love to see some photos/videos of your mods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    Hats off to a product that people struggle to find more than 3 or 4 mods for, that speaks volumes about the original design!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by underserviced View Post
    Hats off to a product that people struggle to find more than 3 or 4 mods for, that speaks volumes about the original design!
    I'd still like a zip off bug net and vented top cover option. What I think would be really cool would be Dutch's Vision zipper on a RR body with the flexibility of netless, bug net, or topcover. But I agree the design of the RR is (almost) perfect!

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    I'd still like a zip off bug net and vented top cover option. What I think would be really cool would be Dutch's Vision zipper on a RR body with the flexibility of netless, bug net, or topcover. But I agree the design of the RR is (almost) perfect!
    Buy the netless RR and the spindrift ? It is not that expensive, and lighter than a netless RR with a zipper. The double entry Spindrift is totally amazing.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouskof View Post
    Buy the netless RR and the spindrift ? It is not that expensive, and lighter than a netless RR with a zipper. The double entry Spindrift is totally amazing.
    This is exactly what I did, perfect for me. I really can not stand being zipped into the hammock. Love the double door Spindrift, use it year around.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Zpacks CF, WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ WBB 0 UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide WS
    Images
    Mine-Dynaglide dog bones, Dutch Kevlar straps and Ti Cinch buckles. I use the spindrift when it is lower than 30 combined wit h the 0 Lynx UQ.
    I just rigged my son's with whoopies to WHOOPIE HOOKS and 6 ft kevlar tree straps.
    He's swaping out his gathered end for his WBBRR for the summer months on the AT. We left the regular dynema on the dog bones for durability.
    Both my son and I use the CF poles from rutalocura.com on our WBRRs.
    Last edited by hodad; 04-15-2017 at 15:53.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    The only mod I've done so far is to replace the triangles where the dog bones and cinch buckles meet with dutch biners. I did this so I can remove the spindrift faster.
    Last edited by JmBoh; 04-15-2017 at 21:10.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouskof View Post
    Good suggestion. My thought on this is that in warm or hot weather I think I'd like to have a more ventilated option. I know that even a bugnet will hold some heat in, but I'd think not as much as a full enclosed Spindrift. My understanding is the Spindrift also does not (yet) have a bug net option when the doors are opened so if you're in 'skeeter territory you'd need to keep the doors shut to keep from being eaten! So while the Spindrift is an excellent product (I plan on buying one eventually), I don't think it covers the hot buggy season. Plus the Spindrift eliminates your views of the outside world. That's one of the things I really like about the Ridgerunner is the visibility it provides. But as I said I don't have one so any insight on using the Spindrift in warmer weather would be appreciated.
    Last edited by drsolarmolar; 04-15-2017 at 22:43.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Good suggestion. My thought on this is that in warm or hot weather I think I'd like to have a more ventilated option. I know that even a bugnet will hold some heat in, but I'd think not as much as a full enclosed Spindrift. My understanding is the Spindrift also does not (yet) have a bug net option when the doors are opened so if you're in 'skeeter territory you'd need to keep the doors shut to keep from being eaten! So while the Spindrift is an excellent product (I plan on buying one eventually), I don't think it covers the hot buggy season. Plus the Spindrift eliminates your views of the outside world. That's one of the things I really like about the Ridgerunner is the visibility it provides. But as I said I don't have one so any insight on using the Spindrift in warmer weather would be appreciated.
    If a person wants to use their RR with net it is easy to do so. Tinny has a good video on how to use the netted RR wirh the Spindrift.

Right now we mainly Hang in Oregon and Washington State. It cools off at night and the night mist is often heavy. The doors on the Spindrift are large, so there is a lot of air flow.
    Tinny shows how easy it is to set up the Spindridt, using THE NETTING ON the RR. IT IS A SIMPLE FIX.

Both my right and left side have clear vision, the only blocked vision is the foot area. Which does not interest me.
    Last edited by IRONFISH45; 04-16-2017 at 00:03.

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    I was thinking :
    Winter --> Spindrift
    Summer without mosquitoes --> Netless RR
    Summer with the possibility of mosquitoes --> Regular RR

Therefore I don't need a RR where you can remove the net.

But maybe you have specific requirements ?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234