Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Softest Indoor Bed-Replacing Hammock | Price doesn't matter, just comfort!

Hello,

Today I'm looking for aid in the softest indoor (mattress-replacement) hammock that money can buy. To put it simply, I'm moving across state and into an upstairs apartment. Currently I'm sleeping on a ten thousand pound TempurPedic, and I don't think it will survive the trip. I would greatly appreciate some help with this, as I've only come across outdoor hammocks for camping/such thus far.

PKic0hC.jpg

As said, price doesn't really matter, just looking for quality within comfort. Above is a reference image for something I've liked, though I'd much prefer personal experience with the hammock and you guys seem like the best to ask! Thank you guys so much.

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Here's what I use indoors. Beautiful and so comfortable! it's long so make sure you've enough space to hang it:

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/xlb...richammock.cfm

Edit: Had a mayan... and have owned six other hammocks, including a WBBB XLC... the brazilian is by far the most comfortable.
    Last edited by Gravity; 06-25-2015 at 19:33.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    And then there's the Mayan. I can't compare to the Brazilian above, since i haven't tried it, but not only do I find the Mayan amazingly comfortable, especially once dialled in, but this company is amzing too, supporting free-trade and creating programs to help support the Mayans in Meridia as well.

http://hammockboutique.com/shop/hamm...onJUMBOHammock

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys! I think the biggest trouble I'm having is discerning the camping ones from bed-replacement ones, but it looks like they're fairly multi-purpose. That they all share one giant hammock-hung family tree. ^.^

By any chance, can anyone recognize what hammock (or what kind) it is in the picture I referenced? Linking it below just to be clear.

Again, thanks everyone!

The picture looks like a Brazilian cotton hammock, similar to the one Gravity linked to.

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamershaze View Post
    ... I think the biggest trouble I'm having is discerning the camping ones from bed-replacement ones, but it looks like they're fairly multi-purpose...
    Hiking/camping hammocks are generally made from light-weight synthetic fabrics such as nylon or polyester. For bed-replacement, you'll probably be better off with a hammock made of a natural material such as cotton. Natural fibers are more pleasant to the touch, but they are too bulky and heavy for hiking/camping, and if they get wet they get even heavier and take a long time to dry. So for outside use synthetics and for inside a natural fiber. An exception would be silk, which is very light and dries fast, so it could be used outside too.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    You might PM PapaSmurf from Dream Hammock, It's my understanding he sleeps in one every night. Probably a wealth of knowledge to pass on to you. Good luck

Hammock
    DYI 11 Hexon,1.9camo,Argon1.6,12'XL
    Tarp
    Sil Poly,Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
    Here's what I use indoors. Beautiful and so comfortable! it's long so make sure you've enough space to hang it:

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/xlb...richammock.cfm

Edit: Had a mayan... and have owned six other hammocks, including a WBBB XLC... the brazilian is by far the most comfortable.
    Do you lie diagonal in them? How much room did the hammock require?

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Do you lie diagonal in them? How much room did the hammock require?
    The diagonal is very important. It's purpose it to make the hammock fabric as flat as possible under you. If you lie in a straight line, following the default shape of the hammock (aka banana position), you will experience too much curvature of the spine and neck, and too much pressure on your knee joints

To properly hang the brazilian xl, the wall distance should be at least fifteen feet. I am at 14.7 feet and my only suspension is a pair of eight-inch continuous loops, doubled up to an effective length of about 4 inches. Use this hammock calculator to get the proper angle.

By the way, the main difference between brazilian and mayan hammocks is the fabric weave. Brazilians are tightly woven and feel like whole cloth, while mayans have a more open weave and feel more like a net. Because of their weave, mayans allow more air flow and may be more comfortable in hot and humid climates.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Unfortunately you just have to try out hammocks, to see what fits you. Another problem is your taste in Hanging will change as you Hang more often.

One member told me his Warbonnet RidgeRunner was like sleeping on his Tempurpedic. I am on my second Ridgerunner, I find it to be a good lay, however, I like my Dream Hammock Thunderbird and my Simply Light, oh and my Green Hornet is also great for me.

My back, hips and shoulders are all pinned and held together with plates and wire. I sleep almost pain free in my favored hammocks. For me getting out of the gathered end hammocks is sometimes a problem, and I no longer like the feeling of being wrapped up.

Taste changes, crafting of hammocks is changing, whatever fits you is the best. How to find what fits you is trial and error.
    Last edited by IRONFISH45; 06-28-2015 at 22:21.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast