Hammock
    WBBB Double Layer
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    Sniveller

Hammocks/Tarps/UQ's/TQ's in stuffsac size

I was just wondering if there was a place where there are pictures of different hammocks/tarps in their stuffsacs next to something used to reference size. I just thought it would be really cool if there was one thread I could go to and see tons of different tarps and hammocks in their stuffsacs next to say a nalgene. Choosing the correct UQ/TQ/Tarp/Hammock for me depends on how large it compresses down to, and its more difficult to click back and forth to compare. Maybe members could submit pictures of their items and then we could compose them all to make some kind of chart? Just figured I'd throw the idea out there!

Volume

Much of the hammock gear I've gotten has come in stuff sacks that were too small or too big so take any pictures you get with a grain of salt, knowing that it might not be representative of what is possible.

The other thing is packing down quilts and UQ. Usually packing things into tubes and then placing them in your backpack is a huge waste of space. Down packed down around other things fills all the nooks and crannies and gives the pack a nice carrying shape.

I know what your after, as volume to me is much of the time more important to know than weight. For me it really came down to trial and error.

Hammock
    Hummingbird double
    Tarp
    HG 4 season C.F.
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ,HG& EE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    ENO DN in a 2.5L sack

Quote Originally Posted by mcochran28 View Post
    I was just wondering if there was a place where there are pictures of different hammocks/tarps in their stuffsacs next to something used to reference size. I just thought it would be really cool if there was one thread I could go to and see tons of different tarps and hammocks in their stuffsacs next to say a nalgene. Choosing the correct UQ/TQ/Tarp/Hammock for me depends on how large it compresses down to, and its more difficult to click back and forth to compare. Maybe members could submit pictures of their items and then we could compose them all to make some kind of chart? Just figured I'd throw the idea out there!

Hammock
    warbonnet traveler & eno DN
    Tarp
    D;Y;I
    Insulation
    incubator 0 deg
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Images
    this is my set up next to a WB BB in stuff sack, although it looks big have my 0- UQ, WB TVL H , and H sock inside the stuff sack and it has expanded since i have taken it out of my back pack, easy to set up, east to transport and pack away,just roll it all up together from tree to tree think its the way to go instead of having individual stuff sacks for each item, usually air everything out when i get home again in case there damp or wet .have the UQ and H set up inside the sock zipped up.just pull the tree straps out and attach unroll it when i find the right trees and im done easy peasy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Check out my Gallery. I got a few pictures of gear packed up an laid out.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts