DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym tarp
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    [IMG]<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Livermore,+CA&am p;daddr=Berryessa+Knoxville+Rd%2FKnoxville+Rd&amp; hl=en&amp;geocode=FdL6PgIdt_e9-ClxIFo4huWPgDFx2GvLMSLTmA%3BFXspTwIdRj22-A&amp;aq=0&amp;oq=liverm&amp;sll=38.742068,-122.262168&amp;sspn=0.00954,0.01929&amp;t=h&amp;mr a=ls&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.741775,-122.274034&amp;spn=0.004017,0.006866&amp;z=17&amp; output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=Livermore,+CA& amp;daddr=Berryessa+Knoxville+Rd%2FKnoxville+Rd&am p;hl=en&amp;geocode=FdL6PgIdt_e9-ClxIFo4huWPgDFx2GvLMSLTmA%3BFXspTwIdRj22-A&amp;aq=0&amp;oq=liverm&amp;sll=38.742068,-122.262168&amp;sspn=0.00954,0.01929&amp;t=h&amp;mr a=ls&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.741775,-122.274034&amp;spn=0.004017,0.006866&amp;z=17" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/IMG]

I hope that map worked...

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym tarp
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    aaaaand it didn't
    so here's the url
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Li...=h&mra=ls&z=16

Hammock
    DIY 1.9 Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Awesome!! That's not too far away!! What days? I work every Friday and Saturday, that usually messes things up for me.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym tarp
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Omerta925 View Post
    Awesome!! That's not too far away!! What days? I work every Friday and Saturday, that usually messes things up for me.
    Heading out on Friday afternoon after I get off at 1. Staying Friday and Saturday nights. Heading back home on Sunday afternoon. What time might you be able to get out there on Saturday?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird, dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix &amp; Burrow
    Suspension
    straps
    Got the map. I'm going to try to make on Sat. morning and meet all of you. Just way too much work! It's getting in the way of my fun!
    Dangler, where do you park, on the West side or the side with the barn? Can you give me some details on how to find the trail and how far you will be going in or where?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym tarp
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Park one the side w/barn. The trail starts at the gate opening right there. I should be set up a little past the barn.
    Glad to hear you're gonna make it! Temps should be a bit warmer than last time I went. At any rate, I'm bringing some extra gear, should anybody need it.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Still planning to make this. Will try to leave in the morning. Me and the dog will most likely arrive before noon on Saturday. Let me know if there is anything you guys want/need me to bring. See you there!

S

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym tarp
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Hey guys! Today is the day I'm heading out. I should be leaving woodland around 2 pm to arrive at the trailhead at roughly 4:30-5. Once I get past Winters I'll have no cell reception and thus no way to communicate. I have been able to send and receive text messages but I'm not sure what kind of delay there is on them.
    So I'll try to give the most approximate directions now. Refer to the google maps link in the post above to get yourself onto barryessa/knoxville rd. You will drive north on that road for quite a ways. If you're coming on Saturday morning be careful and take it easy around the turns because early in the morning the road can have frost and ice where it is shady(before the morning/afternoon sun can warm it up).
    My truck is a black '89 nissan pickup with grey decals on the sides and no tailgate and it will be parked on the east side(right hand side) of the road, just before a creak crossing. You will also see tin roofed shelter about 100yds off the right side of the road. My site will be a little ways past that.
    The trail starts to the left of a gate that is there.
    The road is a bit rough, but is accessible with a car. I'm an early riser so if you beep your horn a couple times when you park I should be able to hear you and I'll come down to meet you.
    If you've got any questions get them in before noon and I'll have time to respond to any concerns.
    Thanks and I hope to see you out there!

Hammock
    DIY 11' gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ, Sock
    Suspension
    Whoopie, MSH
    Images
    Have a great time guys!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym tarp
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    First norcal hang was a success. Thanks to gnomebuddy and sidewinder for making the trip! It was good to get to know some fellow hangers and shoot the breeze.
    I'm hoping to put another hang together in the coming weeks and months so keep your eyes open for that. I'll try to give as much notice and plan as far ahead in advance as possible.
    In the coming weeks I was thinking of doing a couple solo hikes in the barryessa area to scope out some optimal group hang sites.
    I'll get a little more detailed trip report when I get a chance to sit in front of the computer today after work

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast