Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex
    Insulation
    Potomac

Talking what a great time!

Mrs. Sgt Doxsee, chicklet and I had a blast! Chicklet loved all the kids activities and playing with all the kids. The food was awsome thank you gumbo and all the other chefs!
    Thanks to detail man I will be looking at a new way for mrs sgt Doxsee and I to hang side by side from two trees
    I also won the sawyer water filter from the raffle thank you to our sponsors! (Hello longer hikeing trips!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got home about an hour ago from FH3. What an event. I asked my wife to accompany me as I didn't really want to travel alone, and she graciously came along. Note, she had never hung in a hammock and this was to be her first try at sleeping in one. She and the hammock made friends and thanks to such a warm welcome from all present, she had a wonderful time and is anticipating next years event. As for myself I just wanted to meet a bunch of people whom I only new as names on HF. Whoo, I met so many extra nice people and was overwhelmed by their hospitality. I won't go on forever but this is a CLASS event, put on by a group of super nice people, and to all of you I say thanks for allowing us to be a part of a wonderful week end.

Hammock
    WWM,ENO SN, DIY,WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    DOWN :)
    Suspension
    Strap & Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    Got home about an hour ago from FH3. What an event. I asked my wife to accompany me as I didn't really want to travel alone, and she graciously came along. Note, she had never hung in a hammock and this was to be her first try at sleeping in one. She and the hammock made friends and thanks to such a warm welcome from all present, she had a wonderful time and is anticipating next years event. As for myself I just wanted to meet a bunch of people whom I only new as names on HF. Whoo, I met so many extra nice people and was overwhelmed by their hospitality. I won't go on forever but this is a CLASS event, put on by a group of super nice people, and to all of you I say thanks for allowing us to be a part of a wonderful week end.
    It was nice to meet you and your wife you are both great people..

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hangNyak View Post
    Wait, how did I miss this discussion? Did I leave too early?
    Yes.....yes you did. That would have been this morning with, I believe ItsAndy and DetailMan leading the way along with Old4hats inviting us to their neck of the woods. We were kicking around ideas and brainstorming. I added the bus when PMing LD Cakes about her raffle item I received.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    What a fun time we had with your clan. Thanks for coming down.
    And the TurtleDog stands were well represented with Old4hats and wife. We hope to have more in the open clearing next year. Maybe shoot for 6-8 more there.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    I am noticing that I may have left a well-used titanium Snow Peak 1400 pot somewhere in the main camp area. If you saw it and rescued it, PM me and I will arrange a return home trip for the poor thing. Let it know its lid is sitting all sad and forlorn.
    Hedgehogs! Why can't they just share the hedge?

FH3 REPORTS AND PICS http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=66682
    FH4 In the Planning Now! Ask me for more......
    "Vada a Bordo, Cazzo!"

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images

Thanks to all that made this happen

It'll be a day or two before my brain processes all the goodness that was the FH3. My heart has already done the processing - Wonderful bunch of people I would love to call 'friends'.

For now, pics!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4416842...7632581283323/

I'll post a trip report later.

Thanks again to everyone for making this a special event, not ever to be forgotten

RF
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Glad you guys made it home safe. Yep it's gonna be about 14 here in the morning with near 0* wind chill!!!! I guess since I wound up at the Mt Rogers Hang I'm all geared up and ready for it.

I sure missed all you guys down there & I'm hoping for a make-up hang soon!!!!

Also I'm hearing rumor of a bunch of you from FL coming up here in a bus for a closer hang to us! I think that's a marvelous idea! But you better wait a couple months unless you are missing the cold temps from the last two years!

Keep the pics & vids flowing!
    Love all of ya, Cakes
    Come on down to the Sherpa hang next month! It involves a 2 mile hike in to the camp and you will STILL get mountain man breakfast, olddogs world famous cheesy bacon grits, and cobbler in the dutch ovens

We would love to have you down there and you would have a good opportunity to see some "Real Florida"

It was great meeting my long lost twin brother Visiting with you and your wife all weekend was a treat that I hadn't anticipated. I'm looking forward to a trip up north this year (but I don't think I'll pack my TD 2.0 for that trip )

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theseakayaker View Post
    Hey Guys,

Had a great time with a bunch of great folks! Thanks again for inviting me. I will be posting the vids I took on the Alexander Springs paddle. Got a few photos as well. But first, I just rolled back into ATL and need to hug my wife!
    It was great visiting with you Sunday night with old4hats and his wife. I'm glad that I wasn't able to try one of your hammocks... because I already think I need one and if I tried one then I REALLY would have wanted one I'm pretty sure that I have one in my future but it will require 2 things: funds and a test drive. I hope that both will be ready for next years hang.

As a side note, and to all of the vendors out there, we will probably have 3 (or more) TurtleDog stands set up near where mine was set up this year so that people can try out hammocks, quilts, tarps, etc. Don't be shy next year. If there is an open TD stand near the main area feel free to use it.

I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon up in your neck of the woods (I miss mountains ) or even your neck of the coast... I have a sea kayak and I'm not afraid to use it. Thanks again for making the trip down to see our gang.

Dave

P.S. I'm brainstorming another trip down here... but I need to get ready for work. I'll pm you later
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackfizer View Post
    I am noticing that I may have left a well-used titanium Snow Peak 1400 pot somewhere in the main camp area. If you saw it and rescued it, PM me and I will arrange a return home trip for the poor thing. Let it know its lid is sitting all sad and forlorn.
    It was rescued! PM ItsAndy. I believe he was holding on to it while we tracked down its owner.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast