After much thread injecting, dehydrating, and cook kit preparing, I set out on my own for 24 hours of solitude and gear testing. My wife dropped me off at the trail head, and away I went.

My plans were not very detailed. All I wanted to do was go way up into Fillmore Canyon where there are trees large enough to hold me and my hammock with tender care.

My favorite sleeping bag it too bulky, and I do not own a compression bag, so I had to settle with on of the random bags in the garage. Once I arrived at my camp site, I realized it has an obnoxious pillow sewed into it, which made getting comfortable quite the chore.

I have many small diy alcohol stoves, but this trip I wanted to try my fruit cup stove. It's probably the easiest stove to make other than just pouring alcohol into a can with the top removed. It's just a fruit cup with 3/8" holes drilled in two offset rows. It's strong enough to hold a pot, and simple enough to make just about anyone can do it.

I have never dehydrated anything for backpacking, but after watching Babelfish5's videos, I had the knowledge and confidence to give it a shot. It worked great! Now anytime my wife makes anything stew-like or chili-like, all I can think of is dehydrating it and enjoying in the woods.

I also have never made a video like this before. It's quite strange for my to watch myself, but I guess with practice, I'll get better at being myself, complaining less, and just filming things as they come.

Anyways, that's enough yapping......On with the show

VIDEO