ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs up

I'm not into a hammock yet.I have some old injuries and can't stand being a ground dweller any more.The members of advrider forum rave about how great they sleep in a hammock and how much easier it is than dealing with a tent.The first time I saw a hammock for camping was back in the 80's.A group of climbers were sleeping on rock faces in hammocks.Back then,they were bragging about how many thousands each person had in there set ups.I dismissed them as an alternative for me.Now,cost of materials has come WAY down and I find it's well within my price reach.

Hammock
    modded grand trunk sb pro
    Tarp
    cammo 8' x 10'
    Suspension
    woopie
    grandfather passed. found his old wwII jungle hammock. took it out once and was hooked. been at it for a year now with new rig barely sleep in my house anymore.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    webbing & rings
    Images
    Been on HF for a few months now, but am only now posting on this thread. I got into hanging back in May of this year when a buddy of mine and I took a canoe trip down the James River in Virginia. We had both looked into it, and neither felt like pitching a tent on the mud or rocks along a river, so we both got hammocks. I was immediately hooked, and it has been eye-opening.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    I wanted to get back into backpacking trips after a 35 year break and started doing research into trails and equipment on all the various hiking forums including WhiteBlaze. I even had a tent picked out when I realized that one of the major stumbling blocks was going to be me getting in and out of a tent...I'm not as bendy as I used to be. Found out about hammocks and tossed the tent comparison spreadsheet I had made into the trash pile.

Hammock, here I come!!

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Asym
    Tarp
    Equinox
    Insulation
    LeighLo TQ, HHSS
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    I was on a 4 day hike to Lone Eagle Peak in Colorado. A buddy brought an ultra-lite hammock as his "one thing extra" for the trip. I crashed in the it first night and never made it to my tent. Called dibs on it every night after that.

Got back from that trip and started looking into hammocks. Hennessy happened to be having their yearly sale at the time. So I scored two for the price of one.

Haven't slept in a tent backpacking since.

Hammock
    homemade
    Tarp
    homemade
    Insulation
    homemade UQ
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Images
    well i camp in a tent but old motor bike accidents made me think outside the tent so i loved into this awesome site and started asking Questions and then started to make things like an UQ two Hamocks and of course now i can't stop so i slept in my hammock for the first time and woooooooooooo it was like being a kid again NO PAIN anywhere in my old body so i thank you guys so much for the new look on life. so this is where i start to hang and i like it

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight / eno single
    Tarp
    HH Hex / OMW
    Insulation
    JRB MW4 / JRB sniv
    Images
    Well for me it was my last trip into Algonquin Park northern Ontario... After close to 40years of sleeping on the ground, trying to find a level area, roots, stones, twigs, sore shoulders, stiff neck / back, set up tear down and the list goes on and on... mind you my tent is a 3 person 6 lb set up..single wall bibler..It was the last straw when I struggled to find a decent area to set up on the last trip and I had already started looking at Hammocks prior to the trip..but am now sold...now I need to convince my paddling buddy that he should switch..so we are going out when my quilt arrives so I can set up and show him how great it will be to sleep off the ground while he tries to settle in with his tent... I sure he will still take some convincing but I have until spring to work him over..

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    I've been thinking about it for a while, but when I tried KevinL 's WBBB at a BWCA.com camp out I was hooked!

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    under quilt
    Suspension
    nylon strap

abnormal reason

Years back I saw a youtube video about a guy that used a hammock to make his loft more efficient. Soon after my friend and I went to REI for their yard sale to get some cheap used gear. We traded camping stories with the guy in line ahead of us, and He explained how he used a hammock while camping. So my interest was peeked.

I got a hammock at the store and talked my friend into one as well. When I tried it at home to see how comfortable it was I ended up using it in place of my bed. Very bachelor but gave me mucho space.

I ended up taking it camping and now I go camping all the time because its like taking my bed outdoors. It also got me into thru hiking trips where I hike and camp for weeks at a time.

I ended up getting a Brazilian cotton hammock for home which is a dream. Also I was worried about taking girls home to a hammock instead of a bed. Well don't you worry, once I explain how it saves space and I'm single, it's actually a conversation starter to get them into bed.

I have had two girlfriends that spent a lot of time at my place instead of theirs, because they want to cuddle and watch movies in the hammock. Plus it works like a swing that rimes with flex swing and provides some adult entertainment. All tho when the relationships got more serious the bed was moved back in.

Tired of sleeping on the ground and a suggestion from a friend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 118 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast