Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Burrow
    Suspension
    Bridge
    I had one of the first HH introduced to the market. I loved the bottom entry and the idea of getting off of the ground. I soon learned that sleeping at night was a very cold experience. At the time there were no commercial or DIY options available to rectify the cold experience. A lot of mickey-mouse fixes but nothing that resolved the problem.

I sold or gave away the HH.

I somehow stumbled onto the HF 6 months ago and read as a guest. I purchased another hammock with side zip plus top and bottom quilts. I will not be returning to the ground unless there are no trees.

I'm now a dedicated hanger and loving it. Hanging will now have me spending more time backpacking because I know I will spend a my nights very rested for a day of backpacking.

I also love the fact that there is gear and mod options. I love gear and tinkering. Next step - DIY tarp and hammock. I already thread-injected my first stake bag!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I started a few months ago, mainly because a friend tried it out. and then i somehow bought one haha, so tried it out and now i love it! and sleeping overnight in a hammock is ten million times better then a tent!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Zeppelin
    Suspension
    StrapsBeetleBuckle
    I enjoy ground camping just fine. I have 5 tents and use each of them at least once every year.

About a year ago I decided to become more 'tarp efficient'. Trials and errors with tarp shelters eventually brought me to hammocks.

I realized I have been largely ignorant of the progress that has been made with hammocks since 1980's

But --- it's not too late. I love new challenges and improving overall camping skills. I can't wait for my first winter hang.

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock NX-250
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    Whoppie's

The Thinker

I started thinking about leaving my tent behind on my last backpacking trip. I have a hammock I take on our trips just to chil out in. I was chilling out and fell a sleep for what only seemed like 10-minutes. My son and his friend came back to the camp site after fishing, my son was checking to see if I was OK.

I said to my son, why are you back so soon? He said they had been fishing for 3-hours! If I can sleep like that for a few hours, I'm willing to try it all night. I've never been a great sleeper when backpacking but, I'm willing to try something different.

I'm looking at the Clark Jungle Hammock NX-150. Any suggestions besides the Clark?

Thanks

Hammock
    Ticket To The Moon
    Tarp
    DIY tarp
    Insulation
    Feathered Friend
    Suspension
    DIY Webbing++
    I've been a weekend campers for the last 10 years or so, because of the few choice of Hammock in My country's outdoor market, I never tried sleeping in a hammock. a couple o'month ago there is a outdoor sports exhibition and I saw Ticket To The Moon booth and tested on site. My life change !
    Been sleeping in various tropical elevation & weather by hanging ....
    Thank you HF for being very helpful !
    I never look back...

Cheers

Mizooch70
    A good buddy of mine, scoutsnoa, turned me on to hanging. I searched YT on hammock camping/hiking and found a whole new movement of hangers. My 1st hammock is in the mail and should be arriving within the next couple of days. I already have my first hang scheduled for this coming weekend.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Went backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park earlier this year. Two in the group had hammocks (one of them also brought a tent). The one with a tent and hammock wrenched his neck pretty badly. The first night he stayed in the tent and woke up sore, stiff and without much rest. The second night he slept in the hammock and woke up a new man.

That sold me on it - I bought a WBBB 1.1 and haven't looked back.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    DIY-Rip Stop Nylon
    Tarp
    Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    DIY-Sleeping BagUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Why to be a hanger

Well, I bought my first hammock at a garage sale when I was laid off from being an Industrial Technology teacher here in Ohio in 2007. It was an Army jungle hammock with a built in bug net. I flipped it in my own backyard and decided this was going to take some practice. My son is in Boy Scouts and I am the Quartermaster. We go camping at least once a month with the troop and I was wanting some more comfort while camping. My son got interested in hammocks then I tried someones out and fell into a deep sleep for over an hour and that persuaded me to become a hanger. I am learning the lingo and trying to figure out how to take a sleeping bag and make it into a underquilt. The jungle hammock is ok, but it is time for something better.

Hammock
    DIY 8oz 30D Marpet Camo
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 4 Season
    Insulation
    MSS & PLUQ & PLTQ
    Suspension
    DIY-Woopie Sling
    Well, I stumbled across an HH Expedition at local swap meet a couple months ago. Lets just say it was steal. The best $40 bucks I have ever spent for a great nights sleep camping. My knee's and back have never felt better. Now I'm the only one in my sons scout troop that hangs full time, they think I'm crazy. So be it!

DWiz
    Friend had bought one earlier in the spring and was sold on it. He then had me curious at a summer music festival. Tried and tested a gather-end DYI Hammock at the end of October. Now I'm sold on it and love it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 120 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast