Page 128 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2579
    I'm brand new to this forum and still searching for my first hammock. I've been an on and off backpacker since childhood and one thing that has ALWAYS been an issue for me in the backcountry is a solid nights sleep. I always have body parts sliding off of the pad due to a subtle angle of the terrain or moving around. After a recent backpacking trip 2 weeks ago where my nights sleep was atrocious, I decided to start researching ways to improve comfort.
    Initially, I was leaning towards a luxury sleeping pad (such as those made by NEMO and Big Agnes) that would slide into an accommodating sleeping bag. In addition, I was searching for a lightweight "bomb-proof" small 2 person or large 1 person tent. Currently, I have an MSR Skinny One that I got for $50 on pro-deal which was a great deal, but it's a single wall tent that doesn't vent nearly as well as I was expecting. I started seeing posts enthusiastically discussing backpacking hammocks and decided to look into them.
    From what I have gathered so far, backpacking and casual camping with a solid hammock seem to fit my needs. Of course, I will have to purchase one and see for sure.

SketchnBike
    I was looking at hammocks and came across "Shug" and fell for hammocks. I like to sketch and watercolor and bike. So, I want to combine these and travel around on bike and camp along the way. Shug is the greatest in promoting hammocks with his flare for making his point. Saaalute! Got an ENO for Christmas and have been gathering everything to start. I have been going on day rides, but, want to go further. I'm looking forward to this adventure.

Hammock
    DIY 1.9 Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    I always thought hammocks were made of a woven rope type material, that's what my grandfather had in Mexico at least. Then i saw ripstop hammock for sale on the REI website. The coziness of this hammock blew me away. After some trial and error with different suspensions I stumbled upon Shug's youtube video and i got infected with the DIY virus. I made my own whoopy sling and tarps and I'm totally hooked not. I'm currently wanting to make a set of summer OQ/UQ.
    I hang because its much more comfortable that sleeping on the ground(even with pads), its very portable, and bed doubles as an awesome chair. What more can you ask for?

Hammock
    ENO, DYI ACU 1.6
    Tarp
    HH Explorer/DryFly
    Insulation
    Thermarest pad
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas,Whoopies
    Images
    I am new to hammock camping, the only time i use my hammock was to sleep on the way in and out of the middle east in a C-17 while deployed with the military( I sleep like a baby) but after couple youtube videos trying to improve my camping techniques i saw Shug's videos and I start thinking that i would like to hang my hammock instead of setup my tent. I am so excited for this new adventure!!!! Great Forum!!!!

Hammock
    Hennessey camo
    Tarp
    Hennessey
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Hennessey tree str
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Being an old guy, retired military and all, with the assorted aches and pains of a life lived well, there is no other option as comfortable. Many thanks Tom Hennessy.
    Take care, stay safe.

Live long, Laugh often, Sleep well.

Hammock
    Deep South Mountaineering
    Tarp
    Double Wide
    Insulation
    Xtherm
    Suspension
    Trees Best Friend
    I liked the idea of being outside all the time as appose to zipped up in a tent. I could always see the weather and could pee in my sleeping bag. I found heaven in the hang.
    Stephen Eren
    Deep South Mountaineering
    Co-Founder, Chief of Friendship

DSM CREED
    "May your bear hangs be high and your poos 6 inches deep,
    your pack always lite & beers in town CHEAP."

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I was searching for a lightweight alternative to a tent for hiking. I almost decided to buy a bivy, then I stumbled upon Shug's videos. He just looked like he was having so much fun out there in the piney woods. I went to MEC and purchased a Hennessy Exped, and loved it instantly. I returned the following day and bought some snakeskins for it, and then spent more money on a tarp. Now I have all the gear, an under quilt, Warbonnet Superfly, upraded my suspesion to whoopies. That reminds me, my package from Dutch should be showing up any time now. I appreciate having this forum site to turn to for answers when I get stuck. Thanks Hammock Forums community, I am a hanger for life.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Underground Quilts
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopieslings
    I was at a 24 hour mountain bike race and a team from CO had brought hammocks to nap in between laps. They invited me to try it and I was amazed at how comfortable it was. I looked over at my 6 man tent,cot,and memory foam and realized there was a better way.

The next year I took my WBBB and was in heaven comfort wise.

Hammock
    DIY w/~90in RL
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    "G'ma'sFeatherBed"
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    a backpacking trip up a "mountain" with a 10lb 3 person tent. My 7oz DIY has filled the role nicely.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I was looking for a new tent when my brother showed me a shug emery video. I forgot about the tent

• + New Posts
  • Page 128 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast