Page 159 of 258 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2579
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    None yet
    Well this may take a bit so here goes. I wanted to look into getting a hammock for my sailboat to sleep better at night when anchored. I looked on You tube and there was none other then SHUG!!! Well after viewing a few more of his ADVENTURE'S (?), I continued to look at other's. ie: Fronky,and others. Last spring I found an ENO Double nest at a garage sale for $2.00. (still had tags on it and never used) set it up on the sail boat and slept like an old pirate. Used it once , using a Wall Mart poly tarp, camping with friends. Slept very well. Am now getting ready to start sewing my own nylon tarp. on that note off to the DIY threads to make sure I do this right!! ha ha

Senior Member I'm a hammock lover's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest olive/tan
    Tarp
    ENO pro fly olive
    Insulation
    UQ, & DIY TQ,
    Suspension
    warbonnett webbing
    My cousin bought a grand trunk ultra light, and I was like "wow! This is awesome!" So we started camping together more often , and through trial and error(mostly of the other good people on the forum) I built a system that worked for me, and and realized I spent way too much money...
    Jonah,
    Then Jonah said, "I am a Hebrew, I worship Yahweh, the god of the heavens, who made the sea, and dry land.".
    Jonah 1:9 HCSV

"If the Arabs put down their guns, there would be no more war. If Israel put down their guns, there would be no more Israel."
    -Yoni Netanyahu

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Sil Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ \ TQ
    Suspension
    Kammok-n-whoopies
    Images
    Since I like all things survival related and love to research all I can before jumping into something, I have been directed to posts in HF on multiple occasions when researching outdoor and trail gear.

After doing quite a bit of research into hammock camping and getting a ton of information from HF, it came up in a casual conversation with my buddies on one of our Friday night cookouts. I had mentioned considering the ENO brand of hammocks. As it turned out, one of my buddies had an ENO Doublenest he had received as a gift and only used once due to some back problems. He let me borrow it ...and it was on!

After spending the next evening hanging from the trees...I was hooked. As I researched the many options and made decisions on what I wanted and expected from a setup, I started making decisions on gear and adding them to a spreadsheet I found here in the HF. After several more afternoons and evenings slingin' throughout the spring and fall, I still hadn't purchased my own gear yet. Fortunately my buddy was very understanding of how I am with new gear and told me to let him know what it was all about...lol.

Spring passed and bow hunting season started in September this past year. Second day of bow season I suffered a tree stand accident(climbing sticks failure on descent) and broke my right femur 2" below my hip, my ankle and crushed my heel.

Needless to say... this was a rather eye-opening experience as I could just as easily not have been here to write this in these forums today. During my recovery I vowed that I wouldn't let the accident keep me from doing the things I've wanted to do and love to do... so at Christmas I purchased me a hammock and some tree straps and started getting my gear together for the upcoming season.

Long story shortened, I hope to meet some of you folks on the trail or in the trees this year. I won't be the speedy one... and I'll probably still be limping a bit...but I will be alive and slingin'!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Duluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppie Slings
    I became a hanger because, after 9 years in the Army I'm just about sick of sleeping on the ground!
    Will
    If everything around you is exploding...... its probably us

Keep Calm and Fire for Effect!

All The Way!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Nylon webbing
    I've always loved hammocks! When I started to go camping, hammocks are what I had at the time. I started to do research on YouTube and found shug and I've learned so much since. Hammocks are just too comfortable, easy to set up and lightweight pack able for me to even want to try a tent!

Talking

I came across someone hanging while out backpacking with my husband. The lady was nice enough to point me in the direction of this forum. Since then we have been researching and are planing our first week long trip using our hammocks.

AD3
    Why? Weight, pack size, quality of sleep, bragging rights and frankly it's just plain cool to be a hanger. Those who hang make up quite a community of enthusiast.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, DIY's....
    Tarp
    HG, JRB, DIY...
    Insulation
    UGQ Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch ti/amsteel
    I have always loved being outdoors.
    Growing up my brother and I would take a pack of saltine crackers and a couple cans of pork & beans throw them in a pack with our tent. Grab our fishing rods and walk about 2 miles down to the river. We'd fish and camp and come home the next night in time for supper. Those are the best memories I have.
    A couple of years ago I started getting back into backpacking. I realized my favorite part about fishing and hunting was being in the woods so now I leave the rods and rifles at home. Anyway I was (still am) gear obsessed so I ask for gear of some type for every gifting-holiday.
    I can't remember what I had asked my wife and daughter (3 at the time) for, for Father's Day, but my wife gave me this hammock. Eno DN. I thought there's no way I'm carrying this extra bulk and weight in my pack. Never crossed my mind of actually trading the hammock for my tent.
    Then my daughter and I finally got it out and all I could think about was I'd give anything to be able to be this comfortable in the woods. Started thinking about using this hammock instead of my tent.
    I've been hooked, or hung rather, ever since.

Hammock
    EasyHammock Hiker XL green
    Tarp
    ID Siltarp2
    Insulation
    Down sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Issue EasyHammock
    "Hello group, my name is Matt.
    -Hi Matt!
    I have been a hammocker for a year. I didn't had a hang in a month and it's been an eye opening time. Now I can see how hammocking have changed my life and the life of my family..."

Hammock
    Eno
    Tarp
    go-lite poncho
    Insulation
    see Big Agnes
    Suspension
    webbing+static rp

happy hanging

When? continuously since about 1970

Why? I don't like to sleep on the ground. I run out of sides that aren't sore, whereas swinging in the breeze makes me smile.

Since then? A hammock, a tarp, and a backpack-- it makes tent camping seem like an indoor activity. I'd miss the outdoors.

• + New Posts
  • Page 159 of 258 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast