Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    woobie
    Suspension
    straps/ whoopies
    I really didn't wanna hear/ read that....

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    woobie
    Suspension
    straps/ whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Chethro View Post
    I wanted something that could pack fairly small and be quick to set up and take down. We will be using them with our kayaks, so space is more important than weight. Also, I never was comfortable tent camping, so I have decided to try hanging. Time will tell.
    6 years later, does it suit you?

Hammock
    Snugpak Jungle
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ
    Suspension
    Straps'n Whoopies
    I grew up in scouts and loved the outdoors. My father would also take the family out camping whenever possible. As time went on peoples schedules and prerogatives changed and the outdoor experience became something a bit more scarce. Now im about to graduate from university and have contemplated what the next step in life was going to be for me and my wife. She never experienced the outdoors unless it was on her bike at that weeks road race. I thought to myself that this time more than ever would be the best to get back into the "Swing" of things and get back outside. While perusing though youtube from inspiration and new ideas for lightweight camping/backpacking and came across good ol Shug. I liked his style and presence in front of the camera which got me interested in hammocks. Soon I ordered my first swing and I can honestly say that I have caught the bug. I look forward what the future has to hold for me and the wife out under the stars in our hammocks.
    KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaron777 View Post
    I grew up in scouts and loved the outdoors. My father would also take the family out camping whenever possible. As time went on peoples schedules and prerogatives changed and the outdoor experience became something a bit more scarce. Now im about to graduate from university and have contemplated what the next step in life was going to be for me and my wife. She never experienced the outdoors unless it was on her bike at that weeks road race. I thought to myself that this time more than ever would be the best to get back into the "Swing" of things and get back outside. While perusing though youtube from inspiration and new ideas for lightweight camping/backpacking and came across good ol Shug. I liked his style and presence in front of the camera which got me interested in hammocks. Soon I ordered my first swing and I can honestly say that I have caught the bug. I look forward what the future has to hold for me and the wife out under the stars in our hammocks.
    Whooooo Buddy and enjoy the hammock quest feller......
    Shug of Presence
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Genetics...

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I started hanging so I could utilize the less desirable campsites in the BWCA. Usually the smaller or more primitive lakes have less developed campsites which make tenting less than idea. Now I can use these sites when I'm canoeing and fishing and have entire lakes to myself. Can't wait to figure out quilt stuff.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5'
    Tarp
    DIY Hex (cat-cut)
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopified
    Images
    I found a HH Expedition (zip) at Goodwill for $17. Then - in a search for instruction - discovered Shugemery's YouTube channel. It was that easy.

A couple of months ago, I had a buddy call and ask if I wanted to do a three day hiking trip with him and a couple of other friends. I promptly said yes, but realized that I could not do it with the tent that I own, and it made sense to take a hammock instead. This is my first foray into overnight backpacking. I started researching for the trip, which is late May 2015. I was doing research on hammock tips and came across Shug on YouTube, who intern mentions the HammockForums. Here I am… noob hanger.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I have always loved camping and hiking but the older I got the more it hurt my back sleeping on a pad or on my cot. I started looking on the internet for a more comfortable way to camp and came across the idea of hammock camping. I decided to research hammock camping on Youtube and found SHUG's channel. After about 3 months of learning, laughing and researching what gear I would need/like I dove right in. Between SHUG's videos and the vast amount of information on this forum I am now a converted ground dweller.

Hammock
    Hennessy and GrandTrunk
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    While on the AT I got tried of sharing the shelters or trying to find a good flat area to set up. A hiking buddy was using a ENO and let me try it one night on the trial. My first hammock was the Grand Trunk Pro. I have just got a Hennessy and I am loving. Took it out for the first time last week and hiked the Va. Creeper Trail. I have to make or get an underquilt. But other then that I am enjoying not having the share a shelter your sleeping on the ground.

• + New Posts
  • Page 183 of 258 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast