Hammock
    ENO SUB 7
    Tarp
    Profly Sil
    Insulation
    ENOVulcan/Vesta
    Suspension
    ENO HeliosWhoopies
    Currently researching for a first hammock, net, tarp. I am a hiking addict and I got interested in the idea of hammock camping by watching Fronkey and Shug on YOUTUBE.

Hammock
    WBBXLC
    Tarp
    Noah 12/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG O* UG/ 20* TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    All the cool people are doing it !!

Hammock
    6.5x3.2 Queshua (cheap)
    Tarp
    10X10 Queshua tarp
    Insulation
    mat/bivy/Sleep.bag
    one night during a kayak trip along the Loire river
    rivers shores were too steep to ground camp
    I was too tired to walk uphill seeking for a decent camp place

i hanged the hammock between 2 sturdy branches that spread over the river edge... and spend the night, my butt hanging right above the water...

one of the best bivouac of my life... not even talking about smooth waking up by the birds

Hammock
    Hobo Hammocks Double Hammock
    Suspension
    Hobo straps
    Images
    I lived in a house with 10 guys. Whenever one of us started a new hobby, everybody followed. One of the guys bought a hammock, so next thing you know we all have hammocks, and we're all addicted!
    If you're not in the air, you're on the ground
    http://www.hobohammocks.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY uq
    Saw one of the guys in boy scout troop with a HH. I always dreaded camping cause sleeping made my back and neck hurt. Sleeping in a hammock is a delight! Now I enjoy camp outs.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I got my first hammock as a Marine in Thailand back in 88. I loved it and still have it, used it in the field when my CO would let me. It's been in storage for years and I haven't used it in a long time.

Then a few months ago i was at a local college and saw a bunch of kids stringing up hammocks and I remembered how comfy mine was back in the day. Started doing a little research and ended up with an ENO One-Link system for me and my wife. Way more comfortable than sleeping on the ground!

Hammock
    Mana Outdoors dbl. 10.8ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Outdoors
    Insulation
    UGQ(10* UQ,30* TQ)
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Dutch
    Saw a some hammocks in the woods when I was tent camping a couple of years back. I was intrigued. I had a backpack that from when I went to India for backpacking. Curious as to whether I would like it, and concerned about having a bad-ish back, I didn't want to spend 70 plus at the store on an eno, another 70 on a rain fly, another 55 on a bug net, so I took to the net. And, Amazon. Settled on one that was half the price of a store bought eno of another brand (Mana Outdoors). It had good reviews on Amz, and around the web. So, went for it. With in minutes of getting in it, I knew my tents were relegated to backup duty/spares/lenders when camping with others. I have been building my backpack arsenal ever since. Back felt great! So easy to fall asleep cocooned up, and swaying softly. Now, looking for others like minded, and some that have experience to guide me. My friends, none of which share my enthusiasm for minimalist primitive camping as much as I do as it were, are skeptical of my evangelism of the greatness of hammock camping. 20160318_165119.jpg

While researching bikepacking I saw a trend that all the lightest bikepackers used Hammocks not tents. It kind of festered there for a while, I've been planning another tour in a month or two so I'm going to give it a try. Of coarse they require things not found easily in the desert, so when I'm going through the desert I don't know what I'm going to do. When I'm where I know there are trees it should workout very well. I've actually not slept in my Hammock yet. Soon though. I'm excited to see what all the praise is about.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Still Debating
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    It's hard to say exactly what made me think about hammock camping. But I believe I came across it on Pinterest.... I think I first came across the Kammok Roo perusing the backpacking section of Pinterest. It was all down hill from there after looking into it further. It really made me think about hammock camping in general and how uncomfortable sleeping on the ground was for me... I still haven't actually slept in a hammock camping yet, but its almost unhealthy how much I am looking forward to actually trying it for the first time this year.

Hammock
    Clark TX-250, WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    Vertex, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Red ants, kayak fishing tourneys, and float trips. Red ants are self explanatory but I used to fish heavily in the kayak fishing tournaments here in Arkansas and float a lot of overnighters . I needed something light that would fit in kayak without me sacrificing fishing gear to stay under on yak weight.

• + New Posts
  • Page 204 of 258 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast