Page 208 of 258 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2579
    Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Suspension
    ENO Slapstraps
    ENO hammocks were a fad when I first got into high school, so naturally my friends and I all bought one. I loved it, and when I found out about hammock camping, I knew I wanted to try it out. Now I'm in college, and I'm trying to get a system together for an affordable price. I've got the hammock, a tarp, and a DIY bugnet so far- I'm thinking a compact cool weather sleeping bag and a self inflating sleeping pad for insulation, and I should be good to go. It may not be the prettiest, but I think it will work for this summer! I can't wait to learn more about hammocking here!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow or DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben Fiber Palace
    Insulation
    EE, LL, + UGQ down
    Suspension
    Kevlar w/ BH
    Images
    I started hanging almost ten years ago after seeing an ENO stand at a wine festival. It was an impulse purchase after I tested out the display. But, then, it occurred to me it was so much more comfortable than a tent and small air mattress. I camped with the Maryland Outdoor Club often, so one time I decided to bring it a long and was hooked! I had an ENO rainfly and just used a sleeping bag if chilly.

After having kids, we transitions back to a tent for a while, but I'm excited to say we're moving back to hanging. The kids are also interested, although I'm not sure how I feel back them staying in one overnight. We camp about once a month for half the year and now that I'm getting into hammocking again, I'm getting into all the latest trends and upgrades. Spending probably way too much money and time researching, but.... it makes me happy.

Hammock
    Hammock envy 2
    Insulation
    Habanero 20
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    Been an avid backpacker for years. Because of age and injuries it was becoming harder and harder to sleep on the ground. Started investigating alternatives to ground sleeping and considered the light weight backpacking coil cots but then came across some hammock camping videos. That led to Shug's site, Dutch's site and that was it. No looking back since. I

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Insulation
    YO Kindle UC
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    My friends and I were planning a backpacking trip, and one of them said he was taking his hammock. I was intrigued because I had heard of it, but never really thought of doing it myself. After some looking on the interwebs I found this to be something that was extremely popular. After days of research and watching videos from Shug, Sintax, and Frozen I made the switch and am loving it! Reduced my pack weight, increased my fun factor while doing overnights, and something to enjoy in the backyard when I can't get my hiking fix! I especially like not having to mess with the tent on rainy days and mornings, other than the tarp my gear stays much dryer in those situations.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.5
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I decided to ride my bike down the west coast from Seattle after recovering (mostly) from a major reconstructive surgery on my calf and foot (I was very restless after 6 months in bed). I had little money and so purchased a 20 dollar hammock and a 20 dollar poncho online and headed out.

It was amazing how little effort I had to make to find a place to sleep. I was so free and could sleep anywhere, legal or not, flat or not. Forest park outside of Portland was fun My favorite time was ditching my bike and hiking around the Mattole Valley on the lost coast of California.

I did not want to stop. I rode up and down the west coast exploring and living the life. Being on a mountain bike with a hammock in the redwoods almost made me stay there. I was pretty much addicted after that.

Well, after several cheapo hammocks with not-so-efficient setups, and many many bug bites later (never really got cold though, even in colder months my sleeping bag always kept me toasty) I decided to branch out and do it right. So started researching (of course found this forum during that research), and here I am.

Hammock
    Chillax Double, Homemade Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY 2mil Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    As a Scoutmaster for Troop 405 in Durham, NC, I have spent many a night in a tent. A fellow Scoutmaster showed up to camp with an ENO Doublenest. Once I learned about the slany lay, I have been hooked ever since. It is also fitting to mention that Shug is now a full blown celebrity in my new world. This forum is the hight of all hammock forums and I am glad now to be a part of this world.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    What made me a "hanger"? One word: Shug... His videos are awesome.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutmaster405 View Post
    As a Scoutmaster for Troop 405 in Durham, NC, I have spent many a night in a tent. A fellow Scoutmaster showed up to camp with an ENO Doublenest. Once I learned about the slany lay, I have been hooked ever since. It is also fitting to mention that Shug is now a full blown celebrity in my new world. This forum is the hight of all hammock forums and I am glad now to be a part of this world.
    I am bowing here. Enjoy the hammock comfort quest.
    Shug

Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    What made me a "hanger"? One word: Shug... His videos are awesome.
    Sweet
    Hammock
    Ultra
    Good!

Whoooooo Buddy))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Dutch Phoenix40
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Shug, your videos were super helpful in making me feel more comfortable in taking the plunge, but SGT Rock gets the credit for getting me into Hanging.

Hammock
    skeeter beeter pro
    Tarp
    Bliss Extra Large
    Insulation
    Looking
    Suspension
    Straps & carabiner
    Well let's see, been camping for as long as I can remember and about a month ago decided to get a hammock to lounge in while at the campsite. Told the wife I got one for camping and she went kind of off about it until I hung it up and she fell asleep in it. LOL, when she woke up she looked at me and said "I guess I will eat crow". My son loved it and could not get him out of it so got him one and the wife one. Now my son wants to do some hammock camping so I just got us two skeeter beeters pro at a very cheap price and the rain Flys to go with them. We have not been able to use them just yet but he & I are going have a father son camping trip soon. The wife is not big on camping outside of a tent so that's how I came to loving the hammocks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 208 of 258 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast