Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE Rev 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggingcanoe View Post
    I have a shallow draft skiff called a Gheenoe Super. I have wanted to hang a hammock on it to run the Everglades and stay where I want. I set up two posts on seat bases 11 feet apart, enough for my Warbonnet Blackbird and Superfly. The Superfly drapes over the side, weighted with small Gatorade bottles. The setup handled some 30 plus mph wind gusts in early June on the heels of a tropical storm. Staying in marinas in the Keys when no campsites are available is awesome. Having a tarp that can be deployed is a few minutes is a huge plus on a boat. Can't wait to hang in some colder weather on land, too. The Appalachians are calling me.....
    Do you have any pics of that setup?

Did you use an UQ while in Florida?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow #4280
    Insulation
    LocoLibreGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies w spiders
    Q: What made you a "hanger"?

A: Can I blame Shug? Watching his videos converted me.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I'm too old to sleep on the ground.

Hammock
    BlackBird xlc 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    My wife bought me a hammock over 10 years ago, and got thinking this would be cool to go camping with, and we have been doing it ever since and have loved every hang.

Being a big outdoorsy type, and having grown up in a family in which outdoor activities were a main feature, I eventually got a ENO hammock with straps one year as a gift from my parents.

The more I came to learn about the hanging lifestyle, the more i came to love it.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Son in law mentioned hammocks last year on our annual fall backpacking trip - and I started researching it. Stumbled upon the Shug videos on Youtube - and then I was hooked. Picked up an Eno dble nest combo kit from REI on sale this spring - started tinkering with it in the backyard - and used the rig for the first time in Oct 2016 in N Wisconsin. Cold week-end - used an old mummy as a quilt and a thermarest pad under me. It was awesome. Getting too old to sleep on the ground! I gave myself some JRB under/over quilts for early Christmas presents and saved myself about 5 lbs in the pack. Trying out the new stuff this week-end in Missouri with 2 of my sons. Can't wait. Love this idea, and this forum. Been very helpful.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Housefly
    Insulation
    UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Sixsigma had a review on the warbonnet try it love it now my hole family are hangers.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phincubator; EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I think my odds of getting my wife to accompany me on a trip are higher in hammock than a tent (especially a UL tent). She tried my BB a couple of nights ago a loved the cocoon effect of the quilts.

Swinging in a hammock is blissfull. That swinging sells me ,easy.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG The Quest
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Cnch Bkls
    Images
    I've been an avid day hiker for many years, and used to car/tent camp when my boys were growing up (and my wife was willing). I caught the backpacking bug a couple of years ago when a friend of mine gave me some back issues of Backpacker magazine. I began to accumulate equipment, part of which was a tent, and was contemplating the whole sleeping bag/pad dilemma. My biggest concern was sleeping on the ground, because I've had back surgery twice (one a fusion, so titanium is already part of my life!). Last Christmas my son gave me 'the coolest present you ever got that you didn't even know you wanted...' a Fox Solo Trek hammock. The light bulb came on, and I've been hooked on hanging since. I've had the privilege of making two trips this past summer, one in Ohio where I live and one in the Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia. I can truly say it's the best night's sleep I've ever had outside, and I hope to plan many more trips. Currently trying to change out for ever lighter equipment as I can (how light can you afford to go??), and I'm saving my pennies for a Dream Hammock Darien (which alone will take 1 1/2 pounds off the base weight!). Hope to cross paths with some of you out there!

• + New Posts
  • Page 216 of 258 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast