Page 218 of 258 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2579
    Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Expedition Zip
    Good ole Sintax77 hooked me on hammock camping haha. Darn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL/segent
    Tarp
    Hennessy lg hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ/HH underQ
    Suspension
    ENO susp. Webbing
    Loved hammocks in all the warm countries. Started hanging at the lake lot and thought why not bring hanging into the bush with me? After first attempt (not to successful though) I was hooked! Now I hang as much as I can.
    Been doing a lot of hanging in temps -5C to 32C. Going to push some limits soon to the -25C to -30C in a few weeks. If I can pull that off, then my solo tent might get retired all together lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.
    -
    Greek Proverb

It was the boulder fields in the western part of the Ouchita trail near Talimina Oklahoma....for 2 days could not find a place to pitch our tents (ultimately had to set up in the middle of a logging road hoping no late night trucks would come along) came off the trail and immediately started searching for other options, and never looked back!

Hammock
    DYI Asym
    Tarp
    DYI HEX
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    So growing up anytime I camped it was a tent. Knothere invited/talked me into going on my first hike last year on the AT. He showed me his setup and said I had to try using a hammock instead of a tent. I agreed and even though my first hammock was a disaster I am hooked and have made my own hammock.

Hammock
    Serac sequoia
    Tarp
    Himal 4 meter
    Insulation
    Sleeping pad
    Suspension
    Tree huggers
    When I was on my second backpacking trip, I ended up being the one in the hammock (I was borrowing all of my gear from people in my group). I slept very well that night(even though I hung it too tight). The next trip we took, we stayed in a shelter and even with a good sleeping pad, I had the worst sleep in my life! I vowed that I would buy a hammock and never go back to ground.

Hammock
    To be decided
    Tarp
    DD Hamocks
    Just thought we could do something different from tent camping with our Scouts, so using this for my info and learning,sooooooooo much to learn.

Tarp
    don't have one
    Suspension
    beams in house
    Hello,
    I'm new to this forum, although I've read it many times. Finally joined. I sleep full time in a hammock a few years now. I did use it camping for the first time this summer- which was very fun. I started because beds were causing me too much back pain, now I wake in the morning and feel just great. It's just fabulous.

Bonnie

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    About 2 years ago while browsing Kickstarter, I saw a couple hammock projects that made me click and read more. I've camped with a tent a handful of times in 50 years so I was intrigued with the idea of being "off" the ground. Fast forward to this fall. I was googling for info on how to relieve knee pain caused by sleeping on too stiff of a bed and came across a blog about Eno hammocks which led to Derek Hansen's Ultimate Hang site which led to Hammock Forums which led to ordering a Blackbird XLC from Warbonnet which led to sleeping full-time in a hammock from Day 1 which led to ordering another hammock (Ridgerunner, just 'cuz) which led to ordering lots of other stuff which...will lead...to many comfortable nights of sleep, restful afternoon naps, fun evening hangs, and other adventures. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Watertooner; 01-23-2017 at 06:19.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock
    Tarp
    One Tigris 10x10
    Insulation
    MYOG Down UQ
    Suspension
    Paracord
    I had been looking for an ultralight backpacking solution to my 11 pound outdated mec tarn 2 tent, and I started doing some research, which eventually brought me to shug, rev hiker, sintax, and derek hansen. shortly thereafter while i had not yet decided to turn to hanging, I was at Cabela's and I found the grand trunk ultralight starter hammock marked wrong and got it for half price. I slowly started accumulating gear and now have spent about a weeks worth of nights in the good ole' hammie. I will continue to get more gear and probably make a hex tarp, a hammock, a uq and oq (costco) and use this as my ultralight backpacking setup.

Hammock
    My own double layer gathered end
    Tarp
    My own
    Insulation
    foam pad/UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have had a hammock with spreaders for over 30 years. When I started bicycle touring about 7 years ago, I knew I could not sleep on the ground and the spreader hammock , well you know, if you roll over, you are going to hit the ground! So I googled Mexican and south American hammocks. Went to youtube and found several videos of people making their own hammocks and stuff. Went and got the material and started making my own after reading the book by Ed Speers, Hammock Camping:The complete guide to Greater Comfort, Convenience, and Freedom. Been making my own since and hanging. I also found this site by watching the videos on youtube. Got to love Shug's videos!

• + New Posts
  • Page 218 of 258 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast